Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 15, 2017, 01:28:12 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Koi Hime†Musou  (Read 4010 times)

Offline C0MPL3X

• :3

Koi Hime†Musou
« on: July 11, 2008, 12:55:05 AM »
Well.

At least the opening episode wasn't a complete disaster that was Ikkitousen: GG.

Pandering with fanservice should be expected and that loli would do well to get rid of that annoying '-noda' at the end of her speech ASAP. Other than that, I suppose it was OK for an ergo adaptation about fapping to genderbent RTK characters.

I am still not sure if she's visiting here and there just to get rid of petty bandits, at the moment there is no clear direction in which these duo are headed other than merely wandering around.

At the very least, I think they will try to do something more meaningful with these two (and future) characters, judging from the closing narration. I still think they'll fail horribly but it may prove above average for um, source of material of this calibre.

I suppose I could give some credit for actually using elements of RTK other than transexualising them. Like Zhang Fei's fiery nature, Guan Yu's collected manner and charm, and their sibling relationship, and their journey (to maybe make this world a better place?).

Final verdict: Not the ugliest first episode I've seen, definitely salvagable, could prove to be above average piece, but probably not for me. Fanservice level is at about Zero no Tsukaima so it's nothing to run away from.

Offline royal crown

• Sansui QH-44
  • Ex-Reviewer

Re: Koi Hime†Musou
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 02:49:43 PM »
Ep 1

-insert TIF's "Shit right?" "Yeah, it's shit" picture-

Offline C0MPL3X

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 08:36:21 PM »
Yep...still watching this. I have a feeling I'm going to follow this through the end.

Don't ask me why >__>

Offline Akira

• Warring with philistines.
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 09:51:22 AM »
Why?

>__________________>
* Akira recalls it wasn't an especially interesting eroge in the first place.
I don't have opinions. I have facts.

Offline C0MPL3X

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 07:43:16 PM »
Mostly because I was getting into Three Kingdoms fandom again with replaying tactic games based on it and it was a mindless fluff I could follow weekly. *btw I don't think this anime had much to do with the eroge's story

I'd give it somewhere between 5/10~6/10 (yes it finished) but it did receive pretty favourable responses from people who were looking for echii/yuri/masochisitic Three Kingdoms bastardization. I can't think of one single person in this forum to recommend this to though.

I also wanted to see what they could offer on the Yuri side since I was so impressed with what Simoun did with the said subject.

Offline PaperCranes

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 09:40:53 PM »
...-just watched the series-

The fanservice was okay. The "-noda" was annoying. Sou-sou was just plain freaky.

"Lick my sweat off me?" oh please, that was disturbing even before that. -shivers-

Offline C0MPL3X

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 02:00:38 AM »
Yea, the armpit licking was simply priceless. Haven't seen an anime fall so low in a long time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up