Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 23, 2017, 06:23:45 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bus Gamer  (Read 1507 times)

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Bus Gamer
« on: April 04, 2008, 02:28:53 AM »
Please note, this should be done more like "Biz Gamer" since it's a shortened term for "Business Gamer", but whatever.  Just remember to pronounce it that way.

1:

Interesting.  The trio of misfits joined together by a circumstance is nothing new, so it really just depends on how it's done.  So far, we've got the same trio here as we saw in Samurai Champloo (and, pretty much every trio grouping that's ever been used in anime).  You've got the disciplined badass, the wild badass, and the useless chatterbox.  So far, they're not as lovable as those three were, but there's room here for growth and character relations.

I think that'll end up being the most important part of this show.  If they can make these three grow while doing the shounen action bullshit then the show could be a good one.  If they choose to half ass the character development in favor of a bunch of overdone ass kickery it'll only be remotely entertaining but nothing special.

I'm already not jazzed on the music, animation, or anything else.  I'm okay with the plot point because despicable rich bastards treating the common man like playthings is always an effective, easy, and believable way of creating a dangerous environment.  It worked great in Speed Grapher though we haven't had nearly as much debauchery yet.

I'm interested, but not at all convinced this'll be a great show.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.
Pages: [1]   Go Up