Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 23, 2017, 10:00:01 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Berserk  (Read 4970 times)

Offline Shadowmage

• Mobile Suit RX-0 Unicorn
  • Administrator

Berserk
« on: November 07, 2007, 10:58:49 PM »
So, how many of you are still reading this manga?  Currently there are 290 translated chapters out with 1 more undergoing translation.

For those who don't know where to find torrents of the manga, it can be found at Evil Genius's website.  

For those of you who want to view the earlier (post anime) chapters without worrying about seeders, The Spectrum offers pages of the manga directly from its servers, but it is done on a "rotation" basis where  a certain range of volumes is rotated in an out every few days/weeks.

I recommend Mobile Suit, RX-0 and Unicorn from the Unicorn OST.

Offline GreatGlistener

• is not naked

Re: Berserk
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 06:28:20 AM »
If you decide to start reading the manga after thoroughly enjoying the anime and craving more, you'll be doing yourself a disservice not to start from the beginning. A lot of important(and not quite as important but still nice) characters and events were removed in the anime adaptation, as well as some of the occasional light-hearted comedy, a lot of which is great. It's also very interesting to watch how Miura's artistic style develops and improves gradually but significantly over the course of the work. Some of the more recent chapters have had some of the best artwork in the manga yet, especially the two-page spreads, and it's always interesting to see how an artist becomes that good.

Also, a lot of the scanlations have insultingly poor translations and English(though some of the more recent ones by the new group have been all right, even if there are a few inaccuracies, such as referring to the Holy See as the Vatican), so you'd probably be better off buying Dark Horse's release(assuming you can't read moonrunes, otherwise, buy the originals!). I've been using the translations on this site to keep up with recent chapters. They have almost everything volume 22+, and I believe they're the most accurate ones available. If you're willing to sacrifice your reading experience a bit(as they don't offer scanlations), I think they're worth using.

Also, when it comes to more unscrupulous means of obtaining manga, IRC is probably your best bet. Googling "lurk" should be enough to figure out what to do.

Offline Horsechoker

Re: Berserk
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 04:00:10 AM »
Who's more pissed, Guts or the people who started reading this 20 years ago?
An awesome manga tho, just hope it doesnt take a couple of decades more for it to finish or that Miura dies before completing it.
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up