Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 15, 2017, 06:17:03 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Minami-ke  (Read 11739 times)

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

Re: Minami-ke
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 11:12:23 PM »
D'oh, it's the final episode already and I still haven't gotten enough of the fun. Here's my thoughts in point form:
  • The opening monologue in a thick-accented English... wtf!?
  • Yoshino claims her mother saying that it's customary for a girl to take off her underwear while wearing a kimono... is that right...? Or is this one of those 'Azu's Osaka' moments?
  • Hosaka = megastar of Minami-ke. Did he unbutton his shirt during cooking because it's hot or that he just loves caressing himself while dreaming? And what kind of a hero cycles around and stands on top of a cliff bare-chested amidst freezing winter!?
  • Ninomiya-kun/Sensei... one scene sees Ninomiya-kun/doll jumps off the cliff (with the car as cameo) and the next sees the two married... ???
  • What goes around comes around
Overall, I had a blast watching Minami-ke... which was a stark difference from what I originally thought on my first impression during the first episode. I was glad watching at the credits... until I saw ~ Okawari ~. The future of Minami-ke has never looked so bleak.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2008, 12:05:08 AM »
Quote from: AC
The opening monologue in a thick-accented English... wtf!?

That's fansubbers being fagsubbers. Every one of those public service announcements at the beginning were fagged up by Ayako for lulz. It was retarded and distracting but I'm sure they thought it was cool because it got them unnecessary attention.

Sub the damn thing, you faggots. I don't want your dipshit humor forcing me to skip the opening section to get to the intro song (which I like) only to miss horribly and end up halfway through it. Seriously Ayako, **** you faggots and your 4chan pandantry. No, I don't have to watch your shit, and if you keep that crap up, I wont.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 01:06:11 AM »
And now something that's totally not fagged up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0nfQfjkySQ&feature=related

Epic.  Legendary.  Just too awesome.  Hosaka is king.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 05:05:18 AM »
Quote from: TypicalIdiotFan
That's fansubbers being fagsubbers. Every one of those public service announcements at the beginning were fagged up by Ayako for lulz. It was retarded and distracting but I'm sure they thought it was cool because it got them unnecessary attention.

Sub the damn thing, you faggots. I don't want your dipshit humor forcing me to skip the opening section to get to the intro song (which I like) only to miss horribly and end up halfway through it. Seriously Ayako, **** you faggots and your 4chan pandantry. No, I don't have to watch your shit, and if you keep that crap up, I wont.

Quoted for Truth.  That shit annoyed me throughout the series.

The Nihon Review Presents 2006: A Year in Review
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up