Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 11, 2017, 07:21:56 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yuu Watase information  (Read 4520 times)

Offline genki sakura

• Vwoop! Vwoop!
  • Ex-Reviewer

Yuu Watase information
« on: June 24, 2005, 02:19:22 PM »
Hm...I'm currently trying to find some information on the manga-ka Yuu Watase(creator of Fushigi Yugi, Ayashi no Ceres, Alice the 19th, and others). Problem is, I look up her name on google and all I come up with are really really short biographies on her. They really don't go any further than mentioning birth information, stats and what got her into the business(i.e. her first really big story) and/or they just give a list of her works and sites about those works. And I can't find anything more than this aside from an interview that I had found from a US appearance that deviates from this really common information that I find. So, what I'm asking is, does anyone know a site, pretty much off the top of one's head(I'm not asking for a search party, I can do that myself, I just want something of a lead) that can give me some good information outside of the general stats. That is, information that isn't widely known on her childhood and stuff like that.

Many thanks in advance ^^
When in doubt, speak Italian and sing "Seven Nation Army"

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

Yuu Watase information
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 07:07:48 PM »
Took me a while, but I think I finally found something.

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/6827/watase.html

The Nihon Review Presents 2006: A Year in Review

Offline genki sakura

• Vwoop! Vwoop!
  • Ex-Reviewer

Yuu Watase information
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 07:33:41 PM »
aaahhh....

...now I've made you go out of your way....*cries* I didn't mean to.....I was asking if people here knew sites off the top of their heads... :(

Thank you very much though! <3

/me gives DK a cookie for looking...
When in doubt, speak Italian and sing "Seven Nation Army"

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

Yuu Watase information
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 07:57:45 PM »
It really wasn't any trouble at all.  I'm a bit bored at the moment anyways, and I actually found it quite informative.

The Nihon Review Presents 2006: A Year in Review

Offline Dtortot

• Ex-Reviewer
    • http://www.mangareviewer.com

Yuu Watase information
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 06:07:34 PM »
For writting bios for MR I use lots and lots of resources, it's better to have lots of them then read em tie em together and then just restructure your own biography to give a conclusive one for the rest of the fans.

For example, for Tsutomo Nihei's bio I used 5 diferent sources, for Yukito Kishiro's 4 and for Kentaro Miura like 5 too... eck I'll ned like 3 more for the Kaori Yuki bio I am planning, and I already have 5.... I just tied em together and wrote a new one that mentioned everything that was important.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

Yuu Watase information
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 09:28:55 AM »
The more resources, the better. Your profile will become more accurate and you can easily point out the holes and contradictions, which in turn you must figure out how to fix.
Pages: [1]   Go Up