Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 19, 2017, 01:02:20 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst J-music you've ever heard  (Read 6907 times)

Offline royal crown

• Sansui QH-44
  • Ex-Reviewer

Worst J-music you've ever heard
« on: February 07, 2007, 07:03:19 PM »
So I  was flipping through all my old songs I barely listen to anymore, and I stumbled upon "Cherished Memories" by the Hong Kong Knife. As I fired it up, I realized why I never listen to it, and also wondered why I downloaded it in the first place. It was probably some masochistic thing - it came close to making my ears bleed. Pretty much everything was passable besides the vocals. They were some of the worst japanese music I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing (to use the cliche). Actually, I really dislike the Bokura Ga Ita opening, "Kimi Dake Wo" by Mi. The way she decides to sing off-key for no reason at all puts me off.

So, just off-hand, what's the worst japanese song you've ever listened to?

Offline Akira

• Warring with philistines.
  • Ex-Reviewer

Re: Worst J-music you've ever heard
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 07:13:58 PM »
I don't listen to bad music in general, and anything bad will usually never enter my ears for more than three seconds. I have to say, we have a pretty lame national anthem, that's pretty high up there on my list. T_T

Other than that.... I remember once I just turned on the TV and heard the WORST song I'd ever heard in my life. I mean, I don't even remember what it was, I turned off the TV immediately, got on my bike, and rode three kilometers to the local train station and hitched a ride to Tokyo, an hour away.

It was that bad.
I don't have opinions. I have facts.

Offline Shadowmage

• Mobile Suit RX-0 Unicorn
  • Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 07:15:27 PM »
The fourth Blood+ intro by Jinn.  I'll give the band credit for originality and a good guitarist, then take major points off for the vocals.  Definitely not my cup of tea.

I recommend Mobile Suit, RX-0 and Unicorn from the Unicorn OST.

Offline dheu

• AFK
  • Ex-Reviewer
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 12:53:49 AM »
I actually really like the Japanese national anthem, and that's completely apart from my interest in Japan.  The melody is simple but beautiful.

Except when you hear people stretching it out into a 15-minute tune.  That's a bit too much.

Sanhedolin is without a doubt the worst J-music group I've heard.  It's without a doubt the worst music I've heard period.  But that might be cheating, since I don't really consider their crap as music.

Noir Fleurir is a close second.  I've been struggling to make it through one of their albums long enough to review it.  Even with the motivation that once I review it, I can get it off my computer for good... it's difficult.

And I'll cheat with another one and say TRAX, which is technically a Korean group, but they've put out stuff in Japanese, so meh.  It's kind of a shame, actually, because I confess that I really like the vocals, and there are one or two songs of theirs I enjoy, but most of their stuff is crap.  And not just crap, but the painful, bad-rapping kind of crap.

Offline Kuma

• Avenging Viking Princess
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 01:53:45 PM »
"Cherished Memories" is indeed a crappy song, but I think the worst I've heard is "Tell Me Why" (Berserk opening)

*hides from Tama*

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 06:59:50 AM »
The ending song to Yami No Matsuei, Love Me by (yeah, you got it right) Hong Kong Knife. The opening song is one of THE best I've ever heard but miraculously... my god, the vocalist must be having a seizure while singing the ending song!!!

wryyy

Offline Ariani

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 08:13:48 AM »
The opening song to Chobits still haunts my nightmares.

Offline dheu

• AFK
  • Ex-Reviewer
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 01:22:53 PM »
If we're talking anime music, then I always hated the opening for the Rurouni Kenshin TV series.  As soon as the vocals hit, I'm fast-forwarding.

Offline Akira

• Warring with philistines.
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 08:43:41 PM »
Ariani: "Dakishimetai no niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"

XD;;;;

If we're talking anime... >_>;;;

I thought Yakitate's second ending theme, by SOUL'D OUT was pretty bad. X_X
I don't have opinions. I have facts.

Offline royal crown

• Sansui QH-44
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 09:14:41 PM »
Quote from: AC
Love Me by (yeah, you got it right) Hong Kong Knife.

I downloaded this song on masochistic impulse. I'm trying to decide which Hong Kong Knife song is worse, although they both make my ears bleed. Love Me is by far worse quality, but Cherished Memories has the Dean Scream right before the guitar solo.

How the hell did this band make it anywhere past their garage?

Offline Ariani

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 12:07:19 AM »
Quote from: Akira
Ariani: "Dakishimetai no niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"

XD;;;;

If we're talking anime... >_>;;;

I thought Yakitate's second ending theme, by SOUL'D OUT was pretty bad. X_X

No, no, you did it wrong. Needs more ~ and more <3 and more pink letters.

Offline royal crown

• Sansui QH-44
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 09:45:02 PM »
I seem to be running into horrible luck with anime theme songs. "Super Shooter" by Rip Slyme isn't the worst song ever, but it's up there. It's pretty freaking bad. Techno+Rap/Hip-Hop+Japanese=bad. It's the Gantz opening theme.
Pages: [1]   Go Up