Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 11, 2017, 12:23:56 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Most Compelling Characters  (Read 3980 times)

Offline dheu

• AFK
  • Ex-Reviewer
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

Most Compelling Characters
« on: February 04, 2007, 06:10:48 AM »
Simple, just as the title says.  What are the most compelling and interesting characters you've seen in a manga?  What character do you remember long after the manga has finished, or what character has you coming back to a series you'd have stopped reading?

Offline Kurier

• Rehabilitating...
  • Ex-Reviewer

Re: Most Compelling Characters
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 10:30:10 AM »
Yagami Light - Probably one of the most compelling characters I have encountered in all my years of reading manga. His progression through Death Note was pretty interesting, and I had a hard time determining if he was good or evil for awhile.

Rei Ayanami - Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's manga version of Evangelion is, in my opinion, better then the series for one reason. Rei developes a lot better and comes off more human then she does in the series. Rei > Misato > Asuka > Everyone Else
I fell off the wagon and now I can't stop.

Offline royal crown

• Sansui QH-44
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 10:35:22 AM »
Hm, from my limited amount of experience with manga (I hate paying 10 dollars for a manga volume -grumble-) :

Yukino Miyazawa from Kare Kano. Yes, I liked the anime more than the manga, but her character was as round as ever, and with the countless foils attached to her throughout the story, I have to give this "award" to her.

Offline Akira

• Warring with philistines.
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 11:23:38 AM »
Yotsuba Koiwai from Yotsubato. This one should be obvious; she's probably one of the most realistic and yet most outrageous characters ever.

Alicia Florence from Aria. There's something extremely complex yet elegantly simple about her.
I don't have opinions. I have facts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up