Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 17, 2017, 03:18:43 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey, could you guys review <insert whatever here>.  (Read 44047 times)

Offline hayama

• Reviewer

Re: Hey, could you guys review <insert whatever here>.
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2014, 03:28:37 PM »
This is probably a long shot, but I'm wondering if you guys have ever taken an interest in Digimon Tamers - directed by Chiaki Konaka, also known for Serial Experiments Lain. I'm assuming that the word "Digimon" is out of general interest on this board, but I think that it's fair to say that the series is a bit different from your usual villain of the week kid's flick.

On another note, is someone going to write something on Little Busters - Refrain? Back when it aired in the Fall, we had a fair bit of discussion about the series, so I wouldn't be surprised if a review of it eventually popped up.

I watched the first two seasons of Digimon as a kid, so I might rewatch them for nostalgias sake and post some reviews up here. Never watched Tamers, but I do love Serial Experiments Lain and  so I definitely might check that one out to see how it is. Speaking of Lain, it's probably fair to expect a review of that at some point as well.

Offline Kiniest

• Kiniest's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with Kiniest1 using Skype

« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2014, 06:40:16 PM »
I watched the first two seasons of Digimon as a kid, so I might rewatch them for nostalgias sake and post some reviews up here. Never watched Tamers, but I do love Serial Experiments Lain and  so I definitely might check that one out to see how it is. Speaking of Lain, it's probably fair to expect a review of that at some point as well.

Hate to sound like a fanboy, but if you're going to rewatch the first two seasons, make sure to watch the 23rd episode of the second season in Japanese. It's essentially the only redeeming feature of the entire second series, and the dub botched it up pretty badly.

I recall the first season being rather great in terms of how the monster of the week formula was handled with the kids. But it's been far too long since I've watched it for me to give it a fair rating at this point.

Tamers is a joy to watch - that's all I'll say about it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:59:49 PM by Kiniest »
harvey beaks is the best anime

Offline hattori300

« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2014, 06:04:19 PM »
Hey guys, when will you review Ping Pong. The Animation?
or Serial Experiments Lain?

Offline The_Outsider

• potatoe

« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2014, 11:44:19 AM »
Have you guys heard of Android Kikaider?

I remember watching it long ago and liking it. I would be interested to see what you guys think of it.

Offline RustySpider

« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2014, 09:37:29 AM »
Kodocha

Offline stefankeys1997

« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2014, 04:00:52 PM »
Could you please review Detective Conan.

Offline CNile

• Reviewer
  • I'm a very gifted post-cognitive.
    • CNile's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with CNile_ using Skype

« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2014, 02:34:04 PM »
Have you guys heard of Android Kikaider?

I remember watching it long ago and liking it. I would be interested to see what you guys think of it.
Consider it done

Could you please review Detective Conan.
It's still airing, and it's absurdly long. At this point Detective Conan is more than twice the length of Bleach, and to sit through 366 episodes of Bleach... this is a terrible fate. Who can tell how long Detective Conan will be when it's over.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

Offline Helmasaur

« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2014, 12:27:00 AM »
Regarding the Violence Jack review, why rag on Go Nagai?

He wrote the manga, not the anime, yet everyone who watches Violence Jack puts themselves under the impression that he's a sicko that gets aroused by disturbing violence & rape. Sho Aikawa was one of the OVA's screenwriters, and later on went on to writethe screenplay for the original Fullmetal Alchemist.

Try reading the manga version of Evil Town & ask yourself if it reaches the level of trashiness as the anime.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2014, 02:32:49 AM »
Well, let's not pretend that Go Negai doesn't have a track record.  Personally, I love the guy and his works, but I can understand how his stuff rubs some other people he wrong way.  It's a taste issue.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline CNile

• Reviewer

« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2014, 02:14:31 PM »
Regarding the Violence Jack review, why rag on Go Nagai?

He wrote the manga, not the anime, yet everyone who watches Violence Jack puts themselves under the impression that he's a sicko that gets aroused by disturbing violence & rape. Sho Aikawa was one of the OVA's screenwriters, and later on went on to writethe screenplay for the original Fullmetal Alchemist.

Try reading the manga version of Evil Town & ask yourself if it reaches the level of trashiness as the anime.
I never once said that I myself was disturbed or that Go Nagai was some kind of sociopath. In fact, I implied at the end that all of his other works were better by saying that I had no doubt Violence Jack was one of his greatest regrets. I'm not sure how my review could give you the idea that I don't like Go Nagai as a writer; I do, and greatly so.

Offline Helmasaur

« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2014, 02:50:51 PM »
I never once said that I myself was disturbed or that Go Nagai was some kind of sociopath. In fact, I implied at the end that all of his other works were better by saying that I had no doubt Violence Jack was one of his greatest regrets. I'm not sure how my review could give you the idea that I don't like Go Nagai as a writer; I do, and greatly so.

I guess it's more the mainstream audience that thinks that.

But what does he have to regret? The anime adaption he didn't write or direct?

Offline The_Outsider

• potatoe

« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2014, 04:10:30 PM »
Consider it done

I look forward to reading it. =D

Offline CNile

• Reviewer

« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2014, 08:55:08 PM »
I guess it's more the mainstream audience that thinks that.

But what does he have to regret? The anime adaption he didn't write or direct?
That's an odd question. Wouldn't you regret having one of your works butchered like that? I never said the manga was bad at all, my point was that the manga was generally well received, but the anime was absolute garbage. Surely it's a great regret of Go Nagai's that he allowed this to happen, and that the infamy of the anime has caused the decency of the manga he wrote to be forgotten.

Offline Helmasaur

« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2014, 01:43:33 AM »
That's an odd question. Wouldn't you regret having one of your works butchered like that? I never said the manga was bad at all, my point was that the manga was generally well received, but the anime was absolute garbage. Surely it's a great regret of Go Nagai's that he allowed this to happen, and that the infamy of the anime has caused the decency of the manga he wrote to be forgotten.

Don't worry about it, just a misunderstanding. I thought you were implying that he regretted making it, as in writing, directing etc, because a lot of superficial people who watched it seem to misinterpret him as the sole creator of the horrible adaption & label him a sicko accordingly. I find it frustrating because none of these bozos seem to realize he's one of the most influential people in the medium & helped shape the industry more than anyone.

Offline Helmasaur

« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2014, 05:26:57 AM »
Can I make a request?

Night on the Galactic Railroad

It's the anime/story that heavily inspired Mawaru Penguindrum; it borrows a lot of the same imagery as well.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12  All   Go Up