Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 17, 2017, 08:48:52 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey, could you guys review <insert whatever here>.  (Read 44054 times)

Offline gravethestampede

Re: Hey, could you guys review <insert whatever here>.
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2013, 10:31:41 AM »
I'm surprised Trigun hasn't had a review yet

Offline rectalmargarine

« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2014, 12:38:58 AM »
Do boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai next, which is season two of boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai (which received a solid 5)

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2014, 01:57:54 PM »
Why?  If you saw the first one, you saw the second one.  Aside from a slight resolution to why Kodaka acts the git regarding the obvious situation with the Neighbor's Club, it still doesn't do anything with the plot.

The appeal is to just find a bit of yourself in some of the characters, and the awkward humor, but aside from Rika being just too much damned fun (and arguably the most well rounded character towards the end) and Kodaka's weird relationship with Sena's father, there isn't much here that sets Haganai apart from the usual harem antics fare.

I don't think the second season deserves a higher grade, and if it does, only a point or two at best.
I'm just like you, only smarter™.

Offline Reckoner

• Reviewer

« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2014, 03:00:35 PM »
As the reviewer of the first season, I was pretty adamant about not really seeing a reason to watch more of the series. It started off much better than it ended, and continually got more tiring to watch. When the second season came around, I couldn't work up the energy to watch it. Maybe it got better, I don't know. But I can't review something I didn't watch. Sorry.

Maybe if I ever get the time though.

Offline KS

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2014, 05:44:51 PM »
Haganai is one of those textbook examples of a one cour series that somehow manages to completely run through its premise in under half its runtime.  What you see with the cast when they at introduced is kind of what you get.  It doesn't surprise me to learn that the second cour is essentially just the same old thing.  That's kind of the curse of the LN series though, I'm kind of the opinion that usually the most standout thing about the majority of them is the artwork.

Offline rectalmargarine

« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2014, 07:11:05 PM »
well you guys have definitely reviewed worse animes, if it deserves a bad grade watch it and give it a bad grade. it's pretty popular so i'm sure i'm not the only one who'd like to see a review

on another note, the ninth volume of haganai is out and it seems to be the PLOT DEVELOPMENT PART
so if there's ever a third season it'll be good
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 07:23:06 PM by rectalmargarine »

Offline hyperknees91

« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2014, 07:17:11 PM »
Surprised no one did a review for little busters yet. Robotics;Notes I guess is another one if anyone even remembers it lawl.

Offline ShadowpulseKDH

• I Pray For The Downfall Of Others

« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2014, 07:46:19 PM »
Skip Beat.  An interesting concept for an anime, it had great comedy and a couple of moments that were pretty powerful.  Pretty sad it didn't get any more seasons.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2014, 12:27:48 AM »
Surprised no one did a review for little busters yet.

Pretty sure someone shotgunned Little Busters a long time ago.  No idea what's up with that.

Offline Sorrow-kun

• War Criminal
  • Administrator
    • Sorrow-kun's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with sorrow-k using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Sorrow_kun
    • @Sorrow_kun
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2014, 01:31:26 AM »
Why?  If you saw the first one, you saw the second one.  Aside from a slight resolution to why Kodaka acts the git regarding the obvious situation with the Neighbor's Club, it still doesn't do anything with the plot.

The appeal is to just find a bit of yourself in some of the characters, and the awkward humor, but aside from Rika being just too much damned fun (and arguably the most well rounded character towards the end) and Kodaka's weird relationship with Sena's father, there isn't much here that sets Haganai apart from the usual harem antics fare.

I don't think the second season deserves a higher grade, and if it does, only a point or two at best.
Don't make excuses not to review an anime. Get to work, lazy-ass.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2014, 04:01:58 PM »
Pretty sure my being a lazy ass is what got me out of reviewing in the first place.

Offline Akira

• Warring with philistines.
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2014, 07:19:21 AM »
Second season was pure rubbish.
I don't have opinions. I have facts.

Offline Delphinox

• The Only Hero That Ever Dies

« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2014, 10:53:21 PM »
Giving another bump since the last time I bumped this while the staff contest was going on, Click came through with Kaleido Star and Princess Tutu reviews (the latter of which had inexcusably slipped my mind). Might as well see if this works a second time. Again, placeholder for more title drops so that staff contest entrants could look into stuff that they could watch and review.

I'm not a particularly big fan of it - never took a second look back after finishing the anime because of how half-hearted most of the show was and how limply it ended - but has anyone on the staff considered a review of the Pandora Hearts anime? It probably doesn't generate a lot of spark and there's a decent amount of stuff that's already been thrown around in this thread that stand out more, but it's still something that I always kind of found weird that it was never reviewed. Plus apparently the manga's ending, but that's not really important.

Offline Thot

« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2014, 04:40:01 PM »
Hellsing Ultimate.
For some reason there's not even a thread about it.

Offline RustySpider

« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2014, 07:09:25 AM »
Black Jack OVAs

Directed by Osamu Dezaki, high production values, episodic, dark, mature & really freaking good. Would like to see a review.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:17:03 AM by RustySpider »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12  All   Go Up