Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 17, 2017, 04:24:50 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey, could you guys review <insert whatever here>.  (Read 44864 times)

Offline stavie33

Re: Hey, could you guys review <insert whatever here>.
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »
Review for Serial Experiments Lain, the rest of the Slayers, and Sailor Moon would be interesting, some of the bigger shows. If any one wants to go do 80's stuff I'd be interested in reviews for City Hunter and Dirty Pair. Oh and I'd love to see a review for Yu Yu Hakusho, a big show that I can't seem to find many reviews for.

Offline Kenshin

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2013, 11:54:42 PM »
Hi guys! I was wondering if you could review Shikabane Hime (a.k.a. Corpse Princess). I've been trying to find a review of it for quite some time, so I'd be very interested in hearing your opinions.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2013, 12:33:49 AM »
Did anybody even watch that?
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Kenshin

« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2013, 12:44:49 AM »
Considering there are many people that watch every single Gainax anime (even if it's crap), the answer is probably "yes".

Offline The Big Guy

• Peasant-Chan

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2013, 01:08:51 AM »
I'm not a reviewer, but honestly I did not enjoy that show. It was rather dull and cliche, to the point where I dropped it halfway through the first season. Not worth your time, in my opinion.
I'm so awesome, I have my own TV Tropes page:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheBigGuy.

Offline Kylaran

• A Priori Impossibility
  • Administrator

« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2013, 07:20:42 AM »
I watched the first season but never finished the second. I do, however, own several volumes of the manga. I'll remember to keep that down as a potential future show to get a review up, but unfortunately that most likely won't be within the near future.

Offline Delphinox

• The Only Hero That Ever Dies

« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2013, 04:38:13 PM »
Since it came to me pretty suddenly (also I figured that bumping this thread so that someone out there planning on entering the staff contest might chance upon an idea or two here doesn't hurt either):

Has anyone on the staff considered reviewing Kaleido Star? This was in the back of my head for a while as I'm a big fan of it, but I recalled as I pulled up the site today after learning of the producer's recent passing that you guys didn't have a review for it yet. Also, since I might as well throw out a couple more shows while I'm at it, I'd like to make a little push for the anime for xxxHOLiC and Glass Mask 2005 to be looked at.

Offline Shinmaru

• FIRE! BOMBAHHHH!
  • Reviewer
    • Shinmaru | Anime-Planet
    • Shinmaru's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @Shinmaru
    • UNMEI KAIHEN

« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2013, 05:06:18 PM »
Perhaps one day I will rewatch it and review it. I'm a big fan!

Offline Kiniest

• Kiniest's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with Kiniest1 using Skype

« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2013, 06:38:54 PM »
DN Angel/Kuroshitsuji. Though I'm not much of a fan of neither. (The only reason I have it at a 7 on my list is so my friend won't go anal on me. She LOVES it. She's mad that I even have it at a 7)
harvey beaks is the best anime

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2013, 09:20:57 PM »
We tend to avoid shows that are obvious fujoshi pandering.  Probably not on purpose.  I've not seen either of those shows, but I know they both make ze little girls squeal like pigs.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Kiniest

« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2013, 12:25:31 PM »
We tend to avoid shows that are obvious fujoshi pandering.  Probably not on purpose.  I've not seen either of those shows, but I know they both make ze little girls squeal like pigs.

Makes enough sense...

Offline Kylaran

• A Priori Impossibility
  • Administrator

« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2013, 07:38:35 AM »

Makes enough sense...

Just for the record I loved DNAngel. Then again, I was a nerdy 14 year old when I watched it who had yet to ever touch the supple flesh of a young doe.

Offline SQA

« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2013, 10:20:36 PM »
By standard effects around here, DNAngel would probably be a 4 while Kuroshitsuji season 1 is probably a 5.  (Maybe a 6 depending on who was reviewing)  Season 2 drops at least 1-2 points lower, as it really wasn't needed.  Neither has anything too wrong with them.  DNAngel is just kind of 12-year old fujoshi pandering with at least some interesting characters.  Kuroshitsuji is heavy pandering, but there is a story arc and the characters have decent depth.  And lots of shounen-ai hints.  Oh, and people die.

Offline Kiniest

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2013, 07:07:00 AM »
By standard effects around here, DNAngel would probably be a 4 while Kuroshitsuji season 1 is probably a 5.  (Maybe a 6 depending on who was reviewing)  Season 2 drops at least 1-2 points lower, as it really wasn't needed.  Neither has anything too wrong with them.  DNAngel is just kind of 12-year old fujoshi pandering with at least some interesting characters.  Kuroshitsuji is heavy pandering, but there is a story arc and the characters have decent depth.  And lots of shounen-ai hints.  Oh, and people die.

Really? I imagined DNAngel would be a low 5.

Offline SQA

« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2013, 10:14:23 AM »
DNAngel is pretty much the exact same plot line repeated through every arc for 26 episodes.  It's not bad, especially for its demographic bent, but it drags on for pretty much most of the series without any actual weight behind it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12  All   Go Up