Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 21, 2017, 07:03:14 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey, could you guys review <insert whatever here>.  (Read 44159 times)

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Re: Hey, could you guys review <insert whatever here>.
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2010, 12:33:54 PM »
Review hentai?  That's ****ing easy.

Stupid situation happens.
Leads to sex / rape.
Leads to sex / rape.
End.

Reviewing hentai would be boring, even though I did review one once for another site a long time ago (I didn't enjoy it!  I swear!).  Still, if you want some info on X "XXX" feature, lemme know.  I've probably seen it.  And if I haven't, Akira has.  ****in' pervert.

BTW, on a personal note, your wife has some interesting behavior...
I'm just like you, only smarter™.

Offline HirakuNoShadow

• Viewer
    • monokurodays's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @monokurodays

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2010, 06:27:43 PM »
So far, the animes that I would like to see getting reviewed are:
-Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei (or Tatami Galaxy):

-Ocean Waves (or I Can Hear the Sea): Despite being a Ghibli film, it's created by one of the younger generations of the studio. I can't really say that it's a masterpiece, but props must go on how realistically and well the characters were developed within the 2 hour-length, and how well the story ended itself. I'd say around high 7 to 8, because being too realistic without almost no comedy, the characters may seem too plain at times, which is probably one of the disappointing aspect within the movie.

-Welcome to the NHK
, even though it's been mentioned in the thread quite a while ago.

I'll elaborate on Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei a bit later.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 11:45:21 PM by HirakuNoShadow »

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2010, 07:56:37 PM »
-Kaiba, although I haven't watched it yet due to hectic schedule, I'd like to see the opinions of a reviewing site before I actually start watching it, since quite a few people already told me that it's really good.
Look again.

Offline Mesachie

• hyas wawa/cultus wawa

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2010, 08:26:10 PM »
Review hentai?  That's ****ing easy.

Leads to sex / rape.
Leads to sex / rape.
End.

Reviewing hentai would be boring, even though I did review one once for another site a long time ago (I didn't enjoy it!  I swear!).  Still, if you want some info on X "XXX" feature, lemme know.  I've probably seen it.  And if I haven't, Akira has.  ****in' pervert.

BTW, on a personal note, your wife has some interesting behavior...

Yeah, I suppose Hentai has limited appeal.  But your thumbnail sketch of it actually fits most literature, western or eastern story arcs, except they skip the sex part if it's mainstream.  Or maybe they don't, they just take longer to mention it and less time to describe it.

On a personal note, I think she doesn't care for "cartoons" but likes sex. In her defense, I should mention she will sit still for Myazaki occasionally.

The request to review Welcome to the NHK I second (or third) simply because I am incapable of watching it.  Recently featured on Animax-Asia, I watched the opening sequences and found them visually interesting, so I was pumped and ready to watch then the show started.  Pretty quick I was enveloped in a sea of youthful angst, or rather the main character seemed to be.  A few minutes of that and I hit the channel changer, preferring to watch the boys and girls destroy stuff on Myth Busters instead.  Next episode WttNHK was much the same.  Just one of those series I can't get into, but I'd like to see someone give a thoughtful summation of what the heck was going on there.   
Nothing is more delicious than the memory of that delectable space between her hem and stocking top.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2010, 08:35:18 PM »
Welcome to the NHK! is mostly a meta "dark comedy" about the growing problem of hikikomori-ism in Japan.  If you're unfamiliar with the phenomenon it is probably going to be something you'll mostly view with skepticism and scorn.  But, do keep in mind while you're watching it that there are people just like the MC in Japan.  A lot of people just like the MC.

I'm not really sure why it's referred to as a "dark comedy".  I hardly found it funny at all.  Actually, at times, it scared the piss out of me as I kept looking hard at myself and people I know and started to wonder just how close I was to being in that situation.  The big problem with the show is that it ends up not following the manga closely (the manga hits much harder on a lot of points) and it ends in a different direction (a much more "wussy" ending).

It's supposed to be a "wake up" call.  It ends up falling on it's face.

Offline Mesachie

• hyas wawa/cultus wawa

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2010, 08:53:20 PM »
Thanks, that helps me get a bit of a handle on it. If they play it again, I will give it a second go. 
Nothing is more delicious than the memory of that delectable space between her hem and stocking top.

Offline HirakuNoShadow

• Viewer
    • @monokurodays

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2010, 11:44:38 PM »
-Kaiba, although I haven't watched it yet due to hectic schedule, I'd like to see the opinions of a reviewing site before I actually start watching it, since quite a few people already told me that it's really good.
Look again.
Good God, you're right. I must've been blind then...

Offline hayama

• Reviewer

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2011, 10:08:48 PM »
I would love to see a review of Zettai Shonen. It's one of my favorites, and I think it's really gone unfairly under the radar since its release. I posted a thread about it in the Anime section of the forum as well.

I'd also like to see a review of Rainbow, just because I'd like to know if it's worth watching.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2011, 04:18:10 PM »
We never did Rainbow?  I thought AC did that one.  Weird.

I'll give you a quickie:

Great idea.  Great first dozen or so episodes.  Rest of it sucked.

I don't really know what happened with Rainbow.  Seemed like it was destined for some seriously awesome but then it just wimps the **** out in the latter half.  Almost seems like it was written / created by two different people.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2011, 04:33:07 PM »
We never did Rainbow?  I thought AC did that one.  Weird.
Weirdly enough, I thought it did that one before too. I never did because I didn't complete watching it. I guess I can review this, but this goes into my "Later" pile because I have other reviews to tackle first.

Offline Soksang

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2011, 08:01:46 PM »
Hey guys just made an account  :) :) :)
Hmmm.......
I would like you guys to review:
Berserk
Monster
12 Kingdoms
Kaiba
Phantom rftp
Gits sac
thats all i can think of rite now....
havent seen  any wondering if they are worth the watch or buy

Offline HirakuNoShadow

• Viewer
    • @monokurodays

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2011, 08:15:19 PM »
Berserk, Monster, Kaiba and GiS:SAC are already listed on the archive. Ironically enough, I asked the same question on Kaiba before :V

Offline The Big Guy

• Peasant-Chan

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2011, 10:24:49 PM »
Phantom in a nut shell:

It's by Bee Train. Which means the pacing is as slow as ****. If you can get over that, and leave any expectations of a gung ho action series behind, it's a decent series (I liked it a lot when it aired, but I think I was in the minority). If not, the show is not for you. Simple as that.

Or you can just read the VN, which I haven't read but I hear is excellent. Which ever you prefer.
I'm so awesome, I have my own TV Tropes page:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheBigGuy.

Offline Thot

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2012, 06:30:18 AM »
Didn't think the pacing was all that slow, save for two episodes that were for the most part recaps.
Anyway, a review for Phantom is sorely lacking. After recently watching it, I noticed there wasn't even a thread about it on here.
Which is a shame for a series as great as this one.

Offline Sorrow-kun

• War Criminal
  • Administrator
    • Sorrow-kun's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with sorrow-k using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Sorrow_kun
    • @Sorrow_kun
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2012, 05:33:12 PM »
I did start watching Phantom when it first aired, but I found it very difficult to watch week-to-week because of the aforementioned pacing issues.  I never officially "dropped" it, but it is on my stalled list, along with 30-odd other series, which I'll clear one day if I ever live to 115.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12  All   Go Up