Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 21, 2017, 07:47:24 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey, could you guys review <insert whatever here>.  (Read 44179 times)

Offline Shadowmage

• Mobile Suit RX-0 Unicorn
  • Administrator

Re: Hey, could you guys review <insert whatever here>.
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2010, 09:35:02 AM »
Hello and welcome to our forums.   The reason we haven't reviewed Aoi Bungaku is because I none of it has really finished it yet due to irregular fansubbing.  I'll probably be picking it up back soon but since I'm a bit busy these days, I can't promise a quick review.

I recommend Mobile Suit, RX-0 and Unicorn from the Unicorn OST.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 01:49:29 PM »
I think it's done, actually.  I know I've seen at least 12 episodes and that seemed to be the end of it.  I'm sorry that it is over, because I was enjoying the hell out of it.

Didn't someone call dibs on reviewing it back in December, though?
I'm just like you, only smarter™.

Offline Alba

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 09:37:49 PM »
How about you review Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~? It seems interesting, but I don't know what to expect so I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. It would be nice know how it rates.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 04:30:54 PM »
Didn't get past the first episode.  Did anybody else watch it?
I'm just like you, only smarter™.

Offline Sorrow-kun

• War Criminal
  • Administrator
    • Sorrow-kun's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with sorrow-k using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Sorrow_kun
    • @Sorrow_kun
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 04:34:34 PM »
I got stuck after about seven or so episodes, so don't look in my direction. :P

Offline Shadowmage

• Administrator

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 04:36:23 PM »
I got stuck after about seven or so episodes, so don't look in my direction. :P

10 episodes in...

This show is not bad, but it's taxing to watch since it's not all that entertaining.

Offline keiko777

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2010, 11:06:08 AM »
Well, my suggestions would be:
basilisk
gunbuster
diebuster
boogiepop phantom
brigadoon

Offline kadian1364

• Joined the Dark Side for the dental plan
  • Reviewer
    • MAL profile

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2010, 07:14:20 PM »
Well, my suggestions would be:
basilisk
gunbuster
diebuster
boogiepop phantom
brigadoon
I was saving Gunbuster & Diebuster for down the line, sometime after this season wraps up.

Offline CoaeSystems

• Dire is Dire

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2010, 12:24:21 PM »
As already mentioned,Basilisk would be a fun one to see.

I'd like to add a couple;
Black Lagoon
Welcome to the N.H.K.

As for live action
Gururi no koto

Offline Shadowmage

• Administrator

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2010, 10:50:02 PM »
I'm actually surprised that we don't have a Black Lagoon review.  Once finals are over for me, I'll see what I can do about it (assuming SCII Beta doesn't burn a month out of my life).

Offline Mesachie

• hyas wawa/cultus wawa

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2010, 08:40:43 AM »
I really enjoy reading the reviews here. I am sort of a newbie though I have enjoyed watching anime for a long time.  But finding quality anime was hard, particularly after I moved to the Philippines.  However, an upgrade in my internet speed has allowed me to take advantage of torrents, so I can once again start watching some good anime.  I use your (and other) review sites to give me an idea what to look for.  I don't always agree with the reviews, finding K-On! plenty amusing and Kamichu! perfectly charming.  On the flip side, I love fanservice, ecchi and hentai too. None of which is reviewed on this site, which is fine, there are lots of places to find info about that facet of anime. 

Suggestions for anime reviews:  Chie the Brat, Steamboy, and Akira. All movies. 

Suggestions for live action: The Twilight Samurai aka Tasogare Seibei, Lone Wolf and Cub, Zatoichi (2003) would be worthwhile imho. 
Nothing is more delicious than the memory of that delectable space between her hem and stocking top.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2010, 09:00:46 AM »
If you take a closer look, Shadowmage has reviewed Steamboy, and we have reviewed quite a number of ecchi shows (sometimes even more than we can tolerate). It's just that most suck, and they form the lower denominator of our grading scale. Don't even think of seeing hentai titles in our archives.

I've been meaning to watch Twilight Samurai since it's the only remaining Yoji Yamada samurai trilogy left for me.

Offline Mesachie

• hyas wawa/cultus wawa

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2010, 09:26:41 AM »
Oh my gosh, it is there.  Sorry about the Steamboy thing. How did I miss that when it was sitting right beneath Spirited Away, the movie that first got me into anime and remains a cherished favorite.  Okay, ecchi is allowed but no hentai, which is fine, I don't mind at all. Actually it's my wife that really enjoys that stuff, getting bored and wandering off to spend time in Facebook when I put tamer anime on.  Go figure, but I love her dearly anyway (or maybe because).

Please tell me the other two movies in the trilogy you referred to. I am only aware of Twilight Samurai and I would love to watch other movies by the same guy. It is my second favorite samurai flick, preceded only by Seven Samurai (which I noticed was reviewed here already).     

Nothing is more delicious than the memory of that delectable space between her hem and stocking top.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2010, 09:46:07 AM »
Twilight Samurai is the first in line. The second is Hidden Blade (great movie) while the last is Love and Honor (not as cinematically epic as I had hoped, so I think it's a little overrated). For a long time, I've been told that Twilight Samurai is the best of the three, so I've been searching high and low for.

And Akira Kurosawa's movies are strangely out of my reach... and I've been wondering why.

Offline Mesachie

• hyas wawa/cultus wawa

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2010, 10:00:01 AM »
Thank you, I will put those two movies on my "must see" list.  I dunno why Kurosawa would not reach you as a viewer.  Normally I would say something as simple as "Black and White" might be it, but I doubt that is the case here. And Kurosawa did some movies toward the end in gorgeous color ... Ran for one.  My wife hated black and white movies until I got her to watch the restored versions of Sherlock Holmes (played by Rathbone).  We went through one f;ocl after another and before I knew it, her view toward black and white changed.  Not that they are her first choice, but they are no longer greeted with a "No way!"

I was looking at your list of favorite animes and I intrigued by your choice of Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo.  It looks very interesting and I will add it to my list of "see soon".  Planetes is my "next up" when it finishes downloading. :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12  All   Go Up