Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 17, 2017, 03:17:29 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fizz: Chick Rock Initiation  (Read 4345 times)

Offline Kurier

• Rehabilitating...
  • Ex-Reviewer

Fizz: Chick Rock Initiation
« on: November 11, 2006, 02:39:02 PM »
Fizz Chick Rock Initiation

I got a package today from my host mother in Saitama. She sent me a birthday package that included a nice shirt and a CD by a new rock band in Japan. The band's lead singer is my host mother's best friend's daughter (who I did not have the honor of meeting, even though I spent the day with her mother, brother and brother's friends one fine day in Omiya).

They aren't pro yet, but they play at a live host in Haragyuku. Their music isn't half bad, because if it was I wouldn't bother plugging it like this. The CD I have came out in October and I'm pretty sure because of their non-pro status I have the only copy in America. My host-mom mentioned that they will be playing at the MangaFest in Texas this summer, so they shouldn't be too unknown for long.

If anyone wants to get a taste of the Chick Rock Initiation, let me know and I'll give you a sample.
I fell off the wagon and now I can't stop.

Offline dheu

• AFK
  • Ex-Reviewer
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

Re: Fizz: Chick Rock Initiation
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 03:10:29 PM »
That sounds interesting.  I'm always curious about new bands.  What kind of music do they play? (assuming rock, but more specifically?)

Offline Kurier

• Rehabilitating...
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 04:32:18 PM »
The three songs on the CD are rock. They aren't as hard core as say HaMC. I'm not to versed on musical classification, but I'd say maybe "light rock". Bass guitar and Drums are what you hear, instrumentally, the most.
I fell off the wagon and now I can't stop.

Offline Pachinko

• Miss Conduct
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 11:10:22 AM »
I would actually love to her a sample. They sound like something I could get into. =]
Pages: [1]   Go Up