Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 22, 2017, 05:52:54 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: All right, McDonalds  (Read 6370 times)

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

Re: All right, McDonalds
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 09:18:37 PM »
Yeah. But, does that necessarily mean Taco Bell's meat is of quality? It could be just as bad as it is believed to be, just without the "Grade F" label. I still think, to some extent, that the quality of Taco Bell's and most cheaper fast food restaurant's ingredients are a bit subpar. Still edible, but subpar nonetheless. Not that it will harm you, but it does not taste as awesome as it would have had more been invested into it.

And also, having a bite in my double cheeseburger does make me question what goes on in the kitchen!

Offline mouse

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 10:34:39 PM »
Quote from: Phate
Snopes

I suppose the meat could still be tampered with by uncaring individuals though.
That's a cute little article and I'd probably be convinced if I hadn't witnessed the fabled "Grade D but edible" label for myself back in 1994.  Yes, in my high school's cafeteria to be specific.  Me and about 1700 other people saw these boxes stacked behind the makeshift kitchen/serving area while the school was remodeling.  It was quite the hot topic until the new cafeteria opened that next year promising "top quality" meat and other food products.

I'm sure they don't use such labels anymore though.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 10:35:29 PM by mouse »

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 09:08:37 PM »
Ouch, clutch call. <3 mouse

Offline Kuma

• Avenging Viking Princess
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 09:52:57 AM »
Quote from: mouse
Wendy's fries saltiest ever?  I wonder which one you're going to because I also live in Akron and my fries always seem to have almost no salt at all.  They're so dry, I neeeed the salt!  =/

The one on West Market as you head towards Montrose.  I saw a guy who worked there take a salt shaker the size of a beer stein and violently shake it over the fries causing a cloud of salt to descend on the fries.  They were almost inedible.  Worse, they were a pain in the butt about giving me drink refills.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up