Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 23, 2017, 06:21:38 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Princess Hours  (Read 3143 times)

Offline genki sakura

• Vwoop! Vwoop!
  • Ex-Reviewer

Princess Hours
« on: October 27, 2006, 01:11:02 PM »
Because mouse and DK both put Korean stuff...

Another thing from Korea for this section!

Princess Hours

Shown on Imaginasian TV Mondays, Fridays (repeats) and Saturdays (repeats); based off a manhwa. Have seen 8 episodes (I think).

Princess Hours (Goong [sp?]) is a story about Chae-Kyung who is an ordinary high schooler, that is, until she finds out that she's bethrowed to the crown prince (Shin) of Korea (who is really really hot...>.>) because of an arrangement between her grandfather and a man who was the king of Korea. While she's not too crazy about the groom, she goes into the relationship in order to help her family financially. And the groom? He's not too happy either, but goes along for the ride anyway. And what drama would be complete without the Prince's secret girlfriend (who he actually proposes to in the first episode, but refuses) and the Prince's cousin who adds a little political drama to the story.

It's definitely a chick series. It's a romantic-comedy with a bit of drama.

Hmm...what else can I say from the few episodes I have seen of Princess Hours...don't really care that much for Hyo-Rin...it's her own fault that she didn't want to marry the prince and she gives up the dream that she had when she refused the Prince's proposal and now she's all  :o about it...though I do think that the way that Hyo-Rin and Shin met was absolutely adorable.
When in doubt, speak Italian and sing "Seven Nation Army"

Offline C0MPL3X

• :3

Re: Princess Hours
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 09:53:04 PM »
ooooooooooo I know this one...remember seeing some of this months ago.

It's a horribly slow paced drama with a stupid story in a wtf setting and idiotic characters with terrible acting skills. But that's just my impression without actually sitting down and enjoying it all the way :3 ..or its just too girly for me.

But  they have pretty people as main casts, the girls are hot, the guys are all bishounen, at least my mother liked it.

Offline dheu

• AFK
  • Ex-Reviewer
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 07:18:36 AM »
You had me at "he's really, really hot." :3

But seriously, I'll see if I can find it.  I'm always looking for more drama to watch.

Offline C0MPL3X

• :3

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 02:06:39 PM »
Just a trivia that genki might be interested in, although she may already know this, one of those bishounen is a doctor (more specifically, a dentist). I don't think he practices it though, just the dentistry degree. And it's this guy  V

I don't know, girls seems to go hot for a young pretty doctor for some reason.

Offline genki sakura

• Vwoop! Vwoop!
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 02:17:38 PM »
Actually, I didn't know that.

YAY! I learned something new today!

I want to hug Yool even more  :>

(even if he does turn out to be a conniving little twerp...)

Edit: Btw, hancinema.net is awesomeness...that image has introduced me to that site...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 02:56:48 PM by genki sakura »
When in doubt, speak Italian and sing "Seven Nation Army"
Pages: [1]   Go Up