Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 12, 2017, 06:38:50 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's ZOMG TV SHOWS  (Read 4233 times)

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

It's ZOMG TV SHOWS
« on: October 10, 2006, 08:22:30 PM »
What are your favorite Japanese TV shows, if you have ever seen any, and if you even know if they are Japanese?

Mine was Haromoni (Hello Morning) a while back, until I got sick of the girls (Mari left, cmon, the group is done).

Offline Kurier

• Rehabilitating...
  • Ex-Reviewer

Re: It's ZOMG TV SHOWS
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 09:18:42 PM »
All their talk shows are pretty good, but what I love most is the national news channel and it's broadcasts. Holy crap, it was so shocking to see good news reports again. They had diagrams and investigators, no fake graphics and one-liner-saying-on-the-scene people.

T_T;; Good times
I fell off the wagon and now I can't stop.

Offline mouse

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 09:16:43 PM »
GTO and A Sleeping Forest are definitely my favorites out of the four I've seen.  And as good as GTO is, I have to say that A Sleeping Forest has better (or rather more interesting) characters as well as a better plot.  Of course, that's also a difference between a comedy/drama and a thriller/drama respectively.

Offline genki sakura

• Vwoop! Vwoop!
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 04:12:46 PM »
Yay for geek moments!:

Crying Out Love in the Center of the World....I love that show (even though I still haven't seen 3rd [I think...yeah...] and 9th episode...pfft, it's all good). If you don't cry while watching this, you don't have a heart...lol... <3 Takayuki Yamada as Sakutaru (ahhh Saku's so adorable!!) It was shown here in NY on one of the random channels that does show Japanese dramas weekly...whee....yay...It starts out when Sakutaru Matsumoto is 34 and he starts to remember this girl that he was really head over heels in love with, Aki Hirose, when he was 17. Unfortunately, she dies of leukemia (this isn't a spoiler, we're made aware of that) and he can't easily let go of the memories. The series is pretty much his flashbacks of when he was 17 with moments of his present 34-year old self interspersed throughout. I think the series adaptation might be better than the book, imo...Also! I've read the novel which spawned the series, and the manga version, all I need to see is the movie! (hehe)

Others that I have seen parts of and loved:
Nobuta wo Produce: Pretty much a comedy about two boys who try to make over ("produce") an outcast; only seen upto episode 7 I think. Love it.

1 Litre of Tears: Get ready to cry...a lot...I've only seen a couple of episodes fully, but I love it...introduced me to Remioromen's music (lol). It's about this girl, Aya, who suddenly becomes ill with an incurable disease (spinocerebellar atrophy, I think).

And then a some years ago, I saw this drama about this teacher who fell in love with a female student. Then, after another student witnesses it and goes on to commit suicide (I don't know why...), he leaves the teaching profession. Years later, the same girl, who does stuff for weddings (I think), finds out that he's dating her older sister (who's also slightly off her rocker...)...yeah....never saw the ending though...

Another one that I remember seeing some of was one where the opening song was "The Rainbow Connection" by the Carpenters. I kind of forget the plot, but I think it had to do with a writer, a girl who cleaned hotels (I think), a baker, another man who I cannot remember what he did, and some other people.
When in doubt, speak Italian and sing "Seven Nation Army"

Offline dheu

• AFK
  • Ex-Reviewer
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 06:56:34 PM »
Ironic.  I just bought that book a day or two ago, and I've got the drama on my discs waiting to be watched.
Pages: [1]   Go Up