Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 18, 2017, 07:41:34 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What Games have you recently Completed?  (Read 14145 times)

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

What Games have you recently Completed?
« on: October 06, 2006, 02:09:46 AM »
And what did you think of them?

I just got through Enchanted Arms for the 360.  With my busy schedule it took me weeks to put in the 40 hours needed to beat the game, but I finally did, and I have to say despite the mediocre reviews, I really enjoyed it.  The battle system is unique and fun, so fighting never becomes a chore.  The boss battles are all fairly innovative and make you use your mind more than your characters strength.  

The downside was that most of the dialogue was fairly lame.  And they seemed to get lazy with most of the names.  The Queen of Ice, The Emperor of Fire, and the Lord of Earth were three of the major bosses' names.  Most non-main characters don't get names at all.  There's boy, the giggling man, the leader of the resistance...  The list goes on!

All in all the good outweighs the bad, as the game is incredibly fun and addictive.   :)

The Nihon Review Presents 2006: A Year in Review

Offline Kurier

• Rehabilitating...
  • Ex-Reviewer

Re: What Games have you recently Completed?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 06:44:20 AM »
Star fox command: This game at first seemed like a let down. 9 levels until you first beat the game. Then, you are thrown the "Key of Destiny". Suddenly, 9 new ways to beat the game are revealed (9 endings x 9 levels each = 81 missions). This game is addictive, and easy to play. Dog fighting with friends is the best. Strike up another hit for the DS
I fell off the wagon and now I can't stop.

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 12:58:42 AM »
Marvel Ultimate Alliance is effin sweet.  The gameplay is taken straight out of the X Men Legends games and perfected.  There are more characters, more villains, and all around more fun.  If you have a 360 I highly recommend picking this up.

Offline AnimeGenesis

• Mind Melting
    • http://www.empireofthephoenix.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 03:53:04 PM »
Resident Evil 1 (remake)- I love this game, the enchanted game cube graphics give this game much more atmosphere and charm. Although i had to get used to leaving items in boxes, as in Resident Evil Zero you could leave the items anywhere on the map. The bosses were great (especially Neptune, just for the absolutely evil way you can kill him, muhaha), although i felt the final boss in RE0 was harder.

Gotta replay Jill's game now. Want to get the extra costumes for her

Thanks to DarkKanti for the Sig!

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 06:28:15 PM »
Actually, I just purchased the original Halo.

All I remember is that the Library on Legendary took me 3 days to beat. ****ing Flood.

Offline ReadorDie

• Teh Newbie Reviewer

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 08:11:41 PM »
Rule of Rose is officially the most ****ed up game.  EVER.

Yeah, it's gorgeous, and yeah, the score kicks unprescidented amounts of ass, and yeah, the voice acting is actually GOOD (a rarity in Survival Horros) and yeah, the plotline is really, really original (another rarity for Survival Horrors), but my God...this game his children doing things more twisted than then things the ADULTS in Silent Hill do.  FINGER FELLATIO PEOPLE!  FINGER FELLATIO!  And cross-dressing.  Lots and lots of cross dressing, not to mention the fact that the entire game is a big fat dream of the main character's.  Don't worry, it's not a spoiler.  You'll come to that conclusion halfway through, even if they don't tell you till the end.  The pacing just makes no sense like that.  Also, it has the whole 'ROPERAPEOMG' scene around the middle.  SO worth it.

Offline C0MPL3X

• :3

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 11:50:13 PM »
Fire Emblem (the one with eilwood and hector) and Fire Emblem: Sacred stones, although I liked the original a lot better. Story was cliche but touching; world is in danger, father is dead, I've killed my own love, now must defeat the evil and save the world with our own inner stregnths. I think music helped a lot too, especially in those quiet talking scenes about the past, or the special soundtrack for legendary weapons. It makes your characters feel more...special at the final battle. As for gameplay, well...just move and maul the brainless AIs with overpowered characters. Trying to find other fire emblem versions to download but it's proving to be quiet a challenge uhh

Offline Phate

• Just one more thing...

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 01:53:03 PM »
Not quite yet, but I'm almost done playing through Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time for the umpteenth time. Good God. I still need to finish Metroid Prime and Wind Waker too, and I haven't played either since the beginning of the year.

Offline Dtortot

• Ex-Reviewer
    • http://www.mangareviewer.com

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 02:00:35 AM »
Gears of War.

It is one of the best games  have ever played. Reason enough to get a 360.

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 02:42:00 AM »
You and I have gotta play Gears over Live sometime, Dt.

My tag = JesusBot

Offline Risen Hell Fire

• The Researcher

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 09:12:08 PM »
Legend of Zelda Twilight princess. You'll need to wait to see my full on review for it, I just submitted it to Gamefaqs.

Offline Dtortot

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 11:18:57 AM »
Yesterday, Grive (retired prof from AA) came over to my place and we played Gears of War on system link on Insane. We beat it, we killed RAAM in pretty well coordinated attack and with a really stupid/smart/lucky move by me. Granade Taged RAAM.

Offline Kurier

• Rehabilitating...
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 05:01:02 PM »
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Spoiler for Hiden:
Friend says during final fight "Dude, just get off your horse and fight him" Cut scene. Link gets off Epona and draws sword against Ganon. Friend says "eight point eight?!"
I fell off the wagon and now I can't stop.

Offline Fang

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 05:54:40 AM »
Psychonauts
I enjoyed the verity of psy powers , the world, the funny dialogue, and overall strangness made the game KICK @$$
the down side .......I can't think of any

Offline Dtortot

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 03:32:09 PM »
Lost Planet, awesome game with intense action and great online multiplayer. And just 2 weeks ago I finished PDZ and Oblivion, Oblivion took me a good 130 hours to complete with all achivements, but not all of the quests... <_<
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up