Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 20, 2017, 04:13:08 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What Games have you recently Completed?  (Read 13999 times)

Offline Akira

• Warring with philistines.
  • Ex-Reviewer

Re: What Games have you recently Completed?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 06:52:34 PM »
Oblivion.

Probably one of the best games on the planet. If I did all the quests, it would have killed me....
I don't have opinions. I have facts.

Offline Risen Hell Fire

• The Researcher

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007, 10:31:41 PM »
Elite beat agents Jumpign Jack Flash on hard rock with an S rank

Offline Uriel1988

• http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Uriel1988 | Anime-Planet
    • Steam Community :: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Uriel1988

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 05:18:53 PM »
Ninja Gaiden 3 (Xbox360) - A disgrace to the franchise.
Journey (Playstation 3) - Wonderfully atmospheric if extremely short trip. Bought it on impulse after the many rave reviews and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, though I don't know if I'd give it a 9.

Offline flucas

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 02:20:38 AM »
The last game that I have completed is actually Arkham City.  I must admit, I actually am a big Batman fan and it is something that I have been on for a very long time already.

With the last installment of the whole movie series coming, I am just more excited with how to make and see things as they are to unfold.  I wonder how the progress in the game could possibly be similar to the movie.

Offline thesupremekaidbz

• Hey!!

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 07:52:05 PM »
I just completed Red Dead Redemption a few days ago. Took me around 25 hours. Right now I'm working on unlocking all the trophies. I'm going for the platinum. Will take me another 25 hours.

Offline Kylaran

• A Priori Impossibility
  • Administrator

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 09:40:26 PM »
I recently played through most of Skyrim a second time, and I think I'm setting down the game for good. Working on a full completion of Valkyria Chronicles for PS3 at the moment. :D

Offline leokiko.

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 10:04:28 PM »
Fate/Stay Night - Fate's route. Amazing. Even more when you realize that this is the 'weakest' route in the game.

Offline ImperialX

• けだるげ
  • I used to write about anime. Now I watch anime.
    • ImperialX's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @ImperialX

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 10:51:49 PM »
StarCraft II is a lifelong journey. However for me, my journey ends here.

Don't get me wrong. I won't quit playing the game. However, I won't be laddering or striving to improve any further from here on out. I have hit my personal target, and to me, I have completed the game.

Offline Pebble

• Formerly a filthy Kokonoe user
    • Pebble-Runover's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 08:01:29 AM »
Dark Souls. Beyond amazing.

I've died way over two or three hundred times over the 80 hours I spent playing this, and I'm still depressed at having completed practically all of it. Dark Souls II can't come out fast enough.
Easily one of the best RPGs I've ever played(and I play a lot of RPGs), and far and away the best, most tense gameplay in an RPG I have ever seen.

Online TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 04:17:38 PM »
Live A Live, an old SNES Squaresoft RPG that never saw the Western world.  As I'm sitting there playing it, I realize this is the game equivalent of a brainstorming session.  There is shit in here that's all over the spectrum of gaming genres and still conventional playstyle.  And yet, I get this inkling that all of this was a test-bed for what would become Chrono Trigger.

- Multiple time periods referenced, with characters used from each.
- Combat system that utilizes field mechanics, areas of effect based on arcs / tile locations, and movement is important.
- Sprite manipulation on a grand scale to tell a better visual story.
- Some "chapters" are nothing but giant puzzle games.
- Multiple avenues of accomplishing goals, and endings.
- Actions effect future actions both good and bad, resulting in possible lockouts of items / quests.

It is all pretty superficial.  The game itself doesn't really involve time travel, and aside from the ending final quest where everybody comes together (which isn't a huge chapter itself), the game moves along pretty quickly.  That being said, GOD DAMN this thing needs a training manual.  There is an awful lot of triggers necessary to advance the story / plot, and if you're not paying attention (or like me, have an iffy translated copy) it can be frustrating to figure out what to do next.

Entertaining tho.  I would like to see a sequel to this, mixing the genres and themes on a more modern scale.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Pebble

• Formerly a filthy Kokonoe user
    • Pebble-Runover's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2013, 12:56:15 AM »
(The new) Tomb Raider. Pretty, but pretty underwhelming all around.

I find myself irritated at how games want to emulate movies so badly; Tomb Raider gains little more than brief, cheap thrills from the presentation, which all vanish completely until the next scripted quicktime sequence. In between, you find yourself playing through what is essentially a solid, but boring third-person shooter with stealth elements and killing rabbits for salvage. The usual over the top Uncharted-esque platforming just kills the awesome realism thing Square had going on, which is a shame, since a lot of love went into making the puzzles look plausible.
Its an incredibly tame experience.

Offline Marid King

• komosha's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2013, 01:32:29 AM »
You can't really "complete" Civilization 5, but I did a couple playthroughs. Probably not a good game for overtly cautious people, as the aggressive neighboring nations stressed the heck out of my with their crap. Still, it's a very deep and satisfying game that I haven't even begun to understand.   
The only denizen of the Other Place posting on the Nihon Review.

Offline ShadowpulseKDH

• I Pray For The Downfall Of Others

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2013, 02:11:09 AM »
The Last of Us.

All the feels man. All the feels. The story is one of the most powerful that I have encountered within a game, as well as one of the darkest.  The game manages to blend in moments of fear and sorrow, with jarring occasions of beauty and peace that don't at all seem forced.

Online TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2013, 05:27:35 AM »
You can't really "complete" Civilization 5, but I did a couple playthroughs. Probably not a good game for overtly cautious people, as the aggressive neighboring nations stressed the heck out of my with their crap. Still, it's a very deep and satisfying game that I haven't even begun to understand.   

Funny part is you can literally sit off in a corner of the world by yourself most of the time.  It just depends on who you have as your neighbors.  Some are are more aggressive than others.  Other thing is that you have to be more aggressive yourself with resources and luxuries.  You can only use one of each luxury item for your people, so if you have two or more, trade one with a neighbor for one of theirs, or cash, or something.  Keeps the relationship flowing smoothly if they don't want to suddenly cut off some culture points and happiness.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Shadowmage

• Mobile Suit RX-0 Unicorn
  • Administrator

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2013, 08:26:26 PM »
Finished Dark Souls.  It is Castelvania: Symphony of the Night of this generation.  Solid atmosphere and level designs combined with one of the best battle systems I've ever seen.

I recommend Mobile Suit, RX-0 and Unicorn from the Unicorn OST.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up