Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 11, 2017, 12:37:58 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!

Poll

Which will you be getting?

Xbox 360
2 (16.7%)
PS3
4 (33.3%)
Nintendo Revolution
4 (33.3%)
All 3
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Next Gen Systems.  (Read 8246 times)

Offline Zirilan

• http://www.nihonreview.com

Next Gen Systems.
« on: May 15, 2005, 03:06:22 PM »
Well?  Pick one.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 03:10:17 PM by Zirilan »

Offline Himura Kenshin

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 03:22:07 PM »
I'll be getting all 3. Why only get one? There's going to be amazing titles on all systems, just like the current gen. systems. I'm not going to miss those great titles because I'm stingy. I'll probably buy one system my self, get one for my birthday, and one for Christmas.

Because I can

Offline Zirilan

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 04:28:44 PM »
Why only get one?  Hmm....money perhaps?  Or lack there of.  I have enough trouble getting the games  I want just for the Xbox and PC (I still have 10+ on my list), I'm not gonna go ahead and spend money I could be spending on games for the system(s) I have on other systems so I have to choose between which games to get and for which systems everytime I have 50 dollars to spend.

Offline ReadorDie

• Teh Newbie Reviewer

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 05:45:27 PM »
PS3, and possibly a Nintendo Revolution.  Microsoft is evil.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 07:12:25 PM »
If anything, XBOX360. Though, I'll wait 4 years until it cost $150.

I'm a cheap bastard like that.

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 08:30:36 PM »
I'll probably get the XBox 360 first, and then when I save up enough money, I'll get the Revolution.

I'm growing more and more dissapointed with Sony.

Vote, damn you!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 02:34:42 PM by Zirilan »

The Nihon Review Presents 2006: A Year in Review

Offline Himura Kenshin

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 06:16:14 PM »
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614619p1.html

Look at that, mates. Sony just anally owned Microsoft. I know now that my number one priority is the PS3.

Because I can

Offline Zirilan

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 08:28:49 PM »
Cheesy low blow, that's all it is.  Just like they're "Xbox 1.5" crack.  I think Sony's scared.

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »
After seeing that my mind is confused and in pain.  The PS3 looks so schmeksy.  I'm still not sure though.  I know I want the XBox 360 though.  Hell, I'll eventually get all three.  It's just a matter of which order I'll get them in.

Offline AnimeGenesis

• Mind Melting
    • http://www.empireofthephoenix.co.uk

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 01:13:03 PM »
I'll probably going to get the Nintendo Revolution. But i'm not sure when as i'll be going to uni in September

Thanks to DarkKanti for the Sig!

Offline KingMissile9

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 01:01:17 PM »
i'm gonna have to say
1)Xbox360
2)ps3
3)nintendo revolution

nintendo has been dissapointing recently

Founder of the Godzilla club PM me to join
Founder of the Monty Python club pm me to join

Offline Risen Hell Fire

• The Researcher

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 08:18:42 AM »
i am unimpressed by the 360. so far the games i've seen look like x-box 1 games. revolution is my most wanted one for this next page in the gen console wars. ps3 second.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2005, 11:51:08 AM »
PS3 will be my winner, and obviously, everyone else's winner. Those going for the 360 and Revolution will probably switch sides pretty soon. I'm just waiting for the systems to actually get released and to watch 360 and Revolution get owned by PS3.

I'm sorry but, the Japanese wins, again.

Offline Zirilan

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2005, 04:00:50 PM »
I wont even think about buying a PS3 unless they do something about that damned controller of theirs.  I hate the PS2's one with a passion, it's so god damned uncomfortable and this one looks even worse.

Also, Xbox has always had more games that I enjoy than the PS2 does.  There are probably about ten games that I'd actually buy for the PS2.  Ten of their thousands of titles.  If things keep going the way they are, I wont be spending 300+ on a PS3.  And since Xbox is starting to get even better games, it doesn't look like I'll be switching at all.

Offline Himura Kenshin

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2005, 08:31:07 PM »
Well, the 360 titles so far aren't that good. ANd just because Halo is one of the titles doesn't mean it'll be good. Plus Microsoft is trying to appeal to the casual gamer and people who aren't gamers at all. That might just be their downfall. The hardcore gamers might start to feel out of place with their approach.

Because I can

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2005, 04:56:24 PM »
Quote from: Himura Kenshin
Plus Microsoft is trying to appeal to the casual gamer and people who aren't gamers at all. That might just be their downfall. The hardcore gamers might start to feel out of place with their approach.

But thats the genius of Microsoft's approach.  Most people aren't "hardcore gamers".  The majority of the market are casual gamers and people who just buy games on whims.  Microsoft knows that by appealing to the casual gamer they will be appealing to a bigger market than Sony or Nintendo.

Offline Himura Kenshin

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2005, 05:33:36 PM »
Yeah, but the issue is that their approach sucks. They're letting you design t-shirts and even skate parks. Do they really think that will catch on? I mean, we have Cafepress.com for that kind of stuff. I'd respect their plan if it showed any promise, but it doesn't.

Because I can

Offline Zirilan

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2005, 10:39:02 PM »
Quote from: Himura Kenshin
Well, the 360 titles so far aren't that good. ANd just because Halo is one of the titles doesn't mean it'll be good. Plus Microsoft is trying to appeal to the casual gamer and people who aren't gamers at all. That might just be their downfall. The hardcore gamers might start to feel out of place with their approach.

I'm very excited about Perfect Dark:Zero.  The one game that begins with a "K", can't remember it's name for the life of me looks interesting.  NfS looks like it'll be pretty good.  Half of their current release titles appeal to me, so I don't know wtf you're talking about.

And it wont be their downfall, like DK said, they're appealing to a much larger market by appealing to the casual gamers.  And by appealing to those who aren't gamers, and making them become gamers, they open up a whole new market and "reel" in a bunch of new players.  So their approach makes more sense than just appealing to fan boys who will buy anything they sell, no matter how good or bad.

Offline darkgoddess18

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2005, 11:43:54 AM »
i think that the nintendo Revolution is the best of the three.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2005, 04:56:42 PM »
Honestly, I beleive that Playstation is the worst of the three. I'm actually looking forward to the Revolution, not only for the great graphics that usually accompany Nintendo Systems, but for the more adult themed games. And hopefully a better controller.

The Xbox 360 looks to be the best of them all, but once again, the faceplate idea is corny. Unless my faceplate has dolphins. Cause that would be the shyte.

Now, this isn't to say that the PS3 is going to suck, because it won't, but I just think that the Revolution and the 360 are going to be better.

I won't be getting any of them though. Not until the price hits rock-bottom.

Offline AnimeGenesis

• Mind Melting
    • http://www.empireofthephoenix.co.uk

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2005, 03:02:49 PM »
It will be interesting to see what the Revolution's controller will be like, as they didn't show it at E3

Thanks to DarkKanti for the Sig!

Offline JetFire

Next Gen Systems.
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2005, 08:10:14 PM »
I'm buying the XBOX 360 first, then maybe the PS3 later.  On the XBOX, I was impressed with all of the original and high quality titles I bought (not PC ports).   With all of the games like Heavenly Sword, Frame City Killer, Gears of War, Project Gotham Racing 3, Ridge Racer 6, Amped 3, Prey, Half-Life 2 (I have a crappy PC, so I never got the chance to play it), Dead Rising, Ninety Nine Nights, Resident Evil 5, Halo 3, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Perfect Dark Zero on the way, I'm definately buying it.  I've never seen this large of an assortment of early generation titles for a system that I've wanted to play.  Well, Halo 3 probably wont be early generation, but I wanna see how the saga ends (hopefully it will end...).
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up