Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 16, 2017, 07:00:15 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Close moments in Gaming  (Read 6977 times)

Offline AnimeGenesis

• Mind Melting
    • http://www.empireofthephoenix.co.uk

Close moments in Gaming
« on: May 12, 2005, 12:57:08 PM »
What is the closest moment you've had in gaming?. When i say close i mean, for example: beating a boss with only a sliver of health or mangaging to win with only a few seconds.

Well for me the closest moments for me would have to be Beating the final boss in Metroid Prime 2 with only two seconds left on the countdown. Or beating Meroid Prime in its namesake game when one hit would had killed me.

Thanks to DarkKanti for the Sig!

Offline Himura Kenshin

Close moments in Gaming
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 01:20:20 PM »
When I beat Bowser in Yoshi's story with only the pink Yoshi left. :D

Because I can

Offline ReadorDie

• Teh Newbie Reviewer

Close moments in Gaming
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 06:14:43 PM »
Abyssion, from Tales of Symphonia.  He wouldn't knock back, he wouldn't guard break, he had a resistance to every element.

I escaped with three of my four characters dead and the last one has 21 (out of 4500) health left.

Offline Zirilan

• http://www.nihonreview.com

Close moments in Gaming
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 07:01:33 PM »
Finishing the final boss in NG with only a sliver of health.  I was on the verge of death and he needed a couple more hits.  I some how managed to pull a combo out of my ass, a block, dodge, and then another combo that finished him off.  He is one powerful bastard.

Offline Zee'd

• Code Monkey

Close moments in Gaming
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 01:15:20 AM »
This is eons ago, but I should have had given my ghost a medal: the lone survivor of a 4v4 Char Magma battle involving about 2 nukes, 5 Science vessels, 3 full battalions of Protoss cruisers, a hellave lots of wraiths, lots and lots of marines, zerglings, dragoons, templars, guardians, not to mention a few Protoss slugs, and some minor stuff on the side.

The single guy went on to wipe out the entire havesting crew of one enemy zerg player.... and won the game eventually...

Then again, he didn't survive the blast wave...

Offline Zirilan

Close moments in Gaming
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 08:15:39 PM »
Quote from: Zee'd
This is eons ago, but I should have had given my ghost a medal: the lone survivor of a 4v4 Char Magma battle involving about 2 nukes, 5 Science vessels, 3 full battalions of Protoss cruisers, a hellave lots of wraiths, lots and lots of marines, zerglings, dragoons, templars, guardians, not to mention a few Protoss slugs, and some minor stuff on the side.

The single guy went on to wipe out the entire havesting crew of one enemy zerg player.... and won the game eventually...

Then again, he didn't survive the blast wave...

What game are you talking about?

Offline darkgoddess18

Close moments in Gaming
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 08:18:57 AM »
When I beat Bowser in Yoshi's story with only the light blue one left. also the Yoshi was very close to death. :eek:

Offline AnimeGenesis

• Mind Melting

Close moments in Gaming
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 01:32:06 PM »
Also another occasion when during Resident Evil 4, i managed to survive a mob of evil monks (in the area where Ashley has to use the 2 cranks while you protect her, just before i triggered that) with all my shotgun and TMP ammo gone. Those shield monks are nasty when you only have a puny pistol!

Offline KingMissile9

Close moments in Gaming
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 12:46:15 PM »
2 player halo with my friend jake. i don't remember what level but it was the one where the little robot told you where to go and then teied to blow something up after you got through. we were to the part where you find the banshee's and i had run out of grenades, shot gun ammo and rocket launcher ammo so i was running around hitting aliens with a rocket launcher trying to get into one of the turrets manned by the little alien's when my mom called and told me she was waiting outside to pick me up. at least i didn't witness the end of my ammoless self or annihalation of jake. god bless halo and me mum

Founder of the Godzilla club PM me to join
Founder of the Monty Python club pm me to join

Offline Taleweaver

Close moments in Gaming
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2005, 03:53:27 AM »
Beating The Boss in MGS3 the very moment the voice whispers "Snake Eater" at the end of the song that starts playing into the final minutes of the fight, around 2 seconds or so before time runs out and everything is bombed into oblivion by the MIGs. It was timed so WELL that The Boss fell just the moment the whispering started and looked scripted... only that it wasn't :)

Offline Kurier

• Rehabilitating...
  • Ex-Reviewer

Close moments in Gaming
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 02:28:27 PM »
This is a negative close call. I was playing Burnout Legends the other day in a One on One race (to win my rival's car). I was in the lead by about 3 seconds and yards away from the finish line. A bus rounded the corner and I had to time to react. I was sent sky high, and lost the race by a second.

On a positive note; I remember fighting the Bug-things in RE4 late at night. I made it out of the sewer with a sliver of life and no erbs. Good ol' Riot Gun got me through it. Next time through they were no match for the Typewriter...
I fell off the wagon and now I can't stop.

Offline AnimeGenesis

• Mind Melting

Close moments in Gaming
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 03:13:33 PM »
Quote from: IsolatedOtaku
This is a negative close call. I was playing Burnout Legends the other day in a One on One race (to win my rival's car). I was in the lead by about 3 seconds and yards away from the finish line. A bus rounded the corner and I had to time to react. I was sent sky high, and lost the race by a second.

On a positive note; I remember fighting the Bug-things in RE4 late at night. I made it out of the sewer with a sliver of life and no erbs. Good ol' Riot Gun got me through it. Next time through they were no match for the Typewriter...

On the Burnout Legends, Ouch! that must have annoyed you!

On RE4, those invisible bugs... Are you talking about the ones in the sewers or when Ashley gets took off by one of them? The sewers are creepy, no matter how many times you play through it, the first sound of those damn bugs puts you on edge.

Offline Kurier

• Rehabilitating...
  • Ex-Reviewer

Close moments in Gaming
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 03:58:44 PM »
I am talking about the sewer. The bugs are just do damn annoying. They come out of no where, and then vomit on you. Once I went through there with a set of Flame gernades, and the Infin. Rocket launcher. Just for revenge.

When Ashley was taken (again) by the bugs I just went "Oh shit..." and took care of the remaining bugs. I am it out of there better then I did in the sewer because the bugs rarely went invis. If you ever go through there a second time, blow up the gaint hive. You will be rolling in Red, Blue, and Green eyes.
I fell off the wagon and now I can't stop.

Offline Major Tom

• PYON!
    • MajorTom's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Close moments in Gaming
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 11:18:11 PM »
The close call from recent memory would be a section from F.E.A.R.  The final floor of the armacham parking garage, I was stuck at the bottom with 70% health, no armour, no medikts, 1 sticky grenade, 2 mags for my G2, and precious little ammo for my HV penetrator. I only had plenty of ammo for the shotgun.  

With 2 truckloads of replica marines and a battle armoured trooper waiting for me at the top, it was a tough section.  I had to redo it several times, but I managed to do it. in the end......and them my computer had a fit before the autosave (it's right at the end of a level), and I had to do it all over again!  I came out of it with 25% health.

Offline Zirilan

Close moments in Gaming
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 08:45:53 PM »
Oh yes, I've had several close calls with FEAR, more than I probably should since I tend to favor the M-14s (pistols) over something more versatile such as the G2 (AR).  I had a couple today while I was replaying it on Hard.  Unfortunately none that I can recall all that clearly...  Expect a review on it this month though, incredible game.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up