Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 10, 2017, 07:09:56 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Otakon 2006  (Read 11901 times)

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

Re: Otakon 2006
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 09:29:42 AM »
So.

HOW DID IT GO, KUMA?!

Offline Kuma

• Avenging Viking Princess
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 09:54:30 AM »
I had a blast, but don't expect a report from me.  I go to cons for my own enjoyment.  Aside from failing to get Kouta Hirano's autograph and literally being deafened by screaming fangirls at the FMA movie showing (I finally had to tell them to shut up.  The guy sitting next to me even thanked me) It was a blast.  I think the only significant panel I attended was the Madhouse panel and I didn't learn anything amazing.  Not even an update on the Trigun movie...

Offline Kurier

• Rehabilitating...
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 10:27:27 AM »
>_> In two weeks I will be attending Kumoricon in Portland. Want a report?
I fell off the wagon and now I can't stop.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2006, 09:26:32 PM »
Any kind of report would be great.

And Kuma, it's not like you can't enjoy your trip if you do a report >.< keeping notes is just a matter of having a small notebook in your pocket and a pen.

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2006, 11:18:52 PM »
I don't think its fair to ask Kuma to do a report on something that at least three people were planning on contributing to if they had gone.  Sure, he could do it, but if its just him, he wouldn't have had enough time to just have fun.  

Now, that I have a job and plenty of money, I'll probably be going to the next Otakon.  Meet some people, have fun, and maybe do a report.

The Nihon Review Presents 2006: A Year in Review

Offline Kuma

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2006, 09:32:53 PM »
Quote from: Tamashii
Any kind of report would be great.

And Kuma, it's not like you can't enjoy your trip if you do a report >.< keeping notes is just a matter of having a small notebook in your pocket and a pen.

...and attending tons of panels I don't have an interest in.  Unless you guys really want to hear about my random Soul Calibur and DDR playing and my trips to the dealers room.  Do you really want a report on the AMV contest and Saturday Night fan parodies?

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 01:11:25 PM »
Yes. Who said we had to get a "traditional" report on all the formalities of anime. I don't necesarily care, and nor do people who do care necessarily need to know, about early releases and a lot of that crap. You guys must understand that a report, how I see it, is a report of what you do at a con, based on what you want to do, not what you "should do." It would be great if the staff members could get press passes and all, but is that what's really needed? Is going to a con and attending the panels really a necessity? Let's put it this way: what's a report for? To explain your experience, of course. And how should your experience play out? According to what Anime Academy does? According to what Fox61's news anchors think it should go? It doesn't matter if you hung out at the dealer's room, or watched movies all day, or whatever. It's a report on your experience. I hope everyone understands that from now on. It CAN be about the panels, or it can be about you messing around, as long as it relates to the "Otakon experience" (and it's not like, for example, about you driving off to smoke weed >.<, you get what I mean).

Offline Kuma

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2006, 03:50:49 PM »
I think I might just write a parody report of the next con I attend.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up