Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 15, 2017, 01:27:11 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Rules and FAQ  (Read 5472 times)

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

The Rules and FAQ
« on: January 31, 2006, 05:46:47 PM »
Not many rules to abide to in here, and not many questions to be asked! ;)

More rules are bound to be added over time...check back often.

the RULES

1. Do not spam this forum. Post your story/review/article ONCE and "bump" it ONLY when it has not received a reply for longer than two days.
2. Profanity (in regular posts or written articles/reviews) will not be tolerated unless used for stylistic effect and with clear purpose, not just flaming.
3. Be weary of image use, there are 56k users here. We would prefer it if you used clickable URLs to showcase your images.
4. Have fun!

the FAQ

What is the purpose of this section?
For forum members to post their writings, whether it be poetry or stories, and have their colleagues critique and give advice. We highly encourage curious members to post their reviews and articles!

Is there any requirement to posting here?
Of course not!

If one writes a great review or article, is it possible that The Nihon Review will recruit them for the staff?
It is not probable that the administration will take the initiative to recruit a new staff member in such a fashion. If a person has the desire to work side-by-side with us, then they will (and should) send an email with the filled application and an attached piece of writing.

How should one go about criticizing a piece of work?
Rip it up. Being brutally honest and helping your colleagues improve is better than "kissing butt" and being unproductive.

Offline Sorrow-kun

• War Criminal
  • Administrator
    • Sorrow-kun's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with sorrow-k using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Sorrow_kun
    • @Sorrow_kun
    • The Nihon Review

Re: The Rules and FAQ
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 06:40:09 PM »
Regarding images:  I highly recommend using ImageShack's thumbnail feature to help ease the burden on 56kers.  Upload your images to http://www.imageshack.us and copy paste either one of the "thumbnail for forums" entries.  Thumbnails are usually more than manageable for 56kers, compared to 640x480 screenshots, or whatnot.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 10:02:09 PM »
It's also more manageable in general. It's not pleasant seeing a 1024x768 screenshot dominate a post.

Offline Mesachie

• hyas wawa/cultus wawa

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 04:24:15 AM »
Might I be more leery than weary of excessive image use? Or is the inference that I would be weary from d/l an image if I was once again a 56K user?  Perhaps they should use a text only browser? Maybe a link to Lynx? 
Nothing is more delicious than the memory of that delectable space between her hem and stocking top.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 05:53:12 AM »
Might I be more leery than weary of excessive image use? Or is the inference that I would be weary from d/l an image if I was once again a 56K user?  Perhaps they should use a text only browser? Maybe a link to Lynx? 
I think it just means that one shouldn't spam threads with excessive screenshots or images. No worries about this rule; we enjoy doing that when trashing shows like MM. We give ourselves more liberty over the use of images. Just don't do it so often in a single thread, or without apparent reason.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 05:06:40 PM »

I'll admit, I apparently wasn't aware of our rules regarding image use.  I've been more guilty of overindulging in images in posts than anybody else I've seen.  My bad.  I've edited other people's posts but not to eliminate the images, just to shrink them down to manageable sizes.

I think some of the reason is just that over-imaged posts tend to hog a lot of space and distort the flow of the thread pretty badly.  See my Panty & Stocking thread posts to know what I mean.  I ate up nearly an entire page of a thread with one post.  I think that's what they're trying to avoid, unnecessary flooding.
I'm just like you, only smarter™.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 09:31:28 PM »
I am surprised a thread like this still survives. Who needs it? Who really cares? I think the only rule any forum should have is "use common sense".

Boy was I a young'ne.
Pages: [1]   Go Up