Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 14, 2017, 08:13:16 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Avoid Thread  (Read 5904 times)

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

The Avoid Thread
« on: December 26, 2005, 09:04:31 PM »
This is a listing of songs/artists/bands that suck. It would be cool if you provided an explanation, but you don't have to. Flaming artists is welcomed. Flaming forum members is not.

YOU SUCK:

- Tetsu69
It's Laruku's bassist! And he sings just like Hyde! LET'S GO.
What bothers me most about Tetsu69 is that he sucks. His band is the definition of Rock Pop, and it's terrible. It's consistently high-pitch and has that annoying sissy voice. I mean, if you're going to go solo, at least make a different sound from your original band.

- Nami Tamaki
This girl sucks. Her techno sucks. I don't even know why she got to sing theme songs for Gundam, which is a terrible anime, anyways. If it weren't for her repetitive beats and boring instrumental backing, she'd seem like a decent singer.

Offline genki sakura

• Vwoop! Vwoop!
  • Ex-Reviewer

The Avoid Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 07:39:51 PM »
HahahahahahaX1000 about the Nami Tamaki comments

Hm...*looks at meager jmusic cd collection*...I have "Greeting"!...

I think she's all right...nothing particularly brilliant. Pretty much bubble gum pop.

And for the record, I like "Realize". ;p
When in doubt, speak Italian and sing "Seven Nation Army"

Offline dheu

• AFK
  • Ex-Reviewer

Re: The Avoid Thread
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 08:46:19 PM »
Miyavi.  His music is just terrible.  Almost as bad as his fashion sense, I'd say, but then I don' t know if the videos I've been watching of him are old or not.

Offline mouse

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 10:44:19 PM »
Well I showed this group to Dheu the other day in IRC, but I think they're definitely worthy of being part of this wonderful thread.  

The group is TRF and they're a J-Techno group or something.  The lead singer's voice is pretty enough, but their music is just... NO.  This is what I showed dheu, and I think it is probably the best way to explain WHY they're so terrible: *youtube clicky clicky*   The best part are the back-up dancers, which are, by the way, permanent "band members" so to speak.

Enjoy.  :3

Offline Pachinko

• Miss Conduct
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 05:19:39 AM »
Quote from: Tamashii

- Nami Tamaki
This girl sucks. Her techno sucks. I don't even know why she got to sing theme songs for Gundam, which is a terrible anime, anyways. If it weren't for her repetitive beats and boring instrumental backing, she'd seem like a decent singer.

I know this is totally norm coming from a girl with my tastes, but I think she's sort of half-decent. I enjoy her remixes a ton, there aren't too many originals I prefer though.

Avoid = Puffy Amiyumi.

Wait. Just kidding...

Offline dheu

• AFK
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 12:42:30 PM »
Noir Fleurir.  I haven't been able to sit through one of their songs yet, even though I'm trying to review them.  Basically, they sound like a cheap knock-off of Moi dix Mois, which I've always considered is a cheap knock-off of Malice Mizer.  Two steps removed from visual kei greatness does not equal greatness.

Offline Akira

• Warring with philistines.
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 12:49:48 AM »
Ayumi Hamasaki.

-awaits lashing-
I don't have opinions. I have facts.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 07:43:45 AM »
Quote from: Pachinko
I know this is totally norm coming from a girl with my tastes, but I think she's sort of half-decent. I enjoy her remixes a ton, there aren't too many originals I prefer though.

Avoid = Puffy Amiyumi.

Wait. Just kidding...
I wouldn't if I were you. Seriously.

Quote from: Akira
Ayumi Hamasaki.

-awaits lashing-
* AC draws his GPMG

Offline Flash Sword Irene

• Gundamtastic Orgasm
  • Beast of Possibility

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 03:06:48 PM »
After hearing Riyu Kosaka's entry for the Claymore ED theme, I would say to avoid her, since she is one of the weakest vocalists I have ever heard.  I could barely hear a thing she sung in that damn song.  As for Tamaki Nami, I would avoid her on all accounts when it comes to music other then J-Dance/Techno-like stuff.  Or at least, avoid her when she is not doing something for Gundam actually.

Since, she really does not do anything remotely decent, except for a Gundam series, ironically enough.  I would also avoid all artists with squeaky voices and ones that sound like chipmunks on crack.  As for Puffi, I would avoid them too as they are terrible at singing.  Saichi Tainaka (however her name is spelled) is another I would avoid, except for her two Fate/Stay Night songs.  Those, for whatever reason were actually nailed well enough for someone as limited as she is.  Other then that, she is just plain weak and awful at singing.

Plus, J-R&B artist Double is one I would be avoiding after her latest album.  Plus, after seeing her song with DJ Kaori in the PV, yeah....that was sheer awfulness.  Not to mention that the clothes were really horrendous in selection too.  Koda Kumi's last few singles have been awful and I would avoid those as well.  I would also avoid J-Rapper Zeebra, since he just can't seem to rap at all.  

I am actually starting to want to avoid Miliyah Kato as well, since she really does not sound like an outstanding singer or one who makes a great song either.  Plus, her album Diamond Princess was a failure, and her last few singles have not been very good either.  Even though this group already broke up, I would avoid Heartsdales.  They are the most shameless when it comes to ripping off lyrics from American songs, not to mention that anything not produced by M-Flo (Or Verbal in this case) sounds rather horrid.  Plus, Jewels' singing is less then subpar with her vocals.  I don't know who the hell told her to sing, but she really should not be doing that.

Minmi is another to avoid and she really is not as hot as most think she is either.  Her skill in reggae is borderline subpar at best when she sings.  Plus, Pushim, Aoyama Thelma, Metis, Lecca, and others just make her look even worse then she already is.  Also, Minmi is not as hot, especially since she is starting to age a bit in her thirties and all.

As for Ayumi Hamasaki, well avoid her first few albums when she actually started out in the business as a rapper, of all things.  Yeah, teaming up with a bad rapper like Dohzi-T did not help her in that regard either.  But, I can't say I am impressed with the stuff she has made the past 2 years or so.  Its been rather mediocre and not as great as her past works really.

Regarding other artists to avoid, oh there are plenty more, but too many to list.  Well, avoid Sowelu when she does a song like 24 Karats, since she sounds god awful, despite taking a backseat to her colleagues.

Offline Shadowmage

• Mobile Suit RX-0 Unicorn
  • Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 03:12:35 PM »
Hitan from Jinn...

Her voice is unique, but I really, really don't like it.

I recommend Mobile Suit, RX-0 and Unicorn from the Unicorn OST.
Pages: [1]   Go Up