Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 17, 2017, 04:22:05 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eraserhead  (Read 2684 times)

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

Eraserhead
« on: May 10, 2005, 07:18:56 PM »
This thread is dedicated to one of the greatest, most creative, most artistic films ever made.

Eraserhead is one of the most fascinating films I have ever watched. I've always admired the grunge style of art and filming (a noir-like feel, if you film fans know what I mean). I even dreamed of someday creating a feature that embodies the atmosphere and feel of "grunge". In the very first few minutes of this movie, I was rewarded with one of the most spectacular scenes I have seen in any film. The film progresses with a melocholy, dark motif, backing up every scene is some kind of noise (to be technical, "white noise"). There is no music. The movie is humdrum to those who are not open-minded enough; if I showed this to some of my friends or my family, they would give me the middle finger. There's some intense imagery and all-in-all it's quite a terrifying trip. But what's implied, not what's said, is what's important. It's hard to describe the film in just a couple sentences, so I'll leave it up to you to judge. Drive by your local video store and pick it up. But make sure you have an empty stomach and that you do not watch it alone if you're squemish. It's also recommended that there is absolute silence, as it is necessary for the viewing of such a film.

Comments on the film?

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

Eraserhead
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 05:03:01 AM »
The lack of music reminded me of an Alfred Hitchcock film. His were all dialogue too. Actually, I could have mistaken this for an Alfred HItchcock film if I hadn't watched the credits.
I still prefer House of Sand and Fog though.

Offline Akuhei

• <marquee><b><font color=

Eraserhead
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 08:44:14 AM »
Yeah this is one of my favorite movies, I rented it last year because i had heard good things about it. It was a very interesting movie, despite confusing my stupid self once or twice (not REALLY, but i scratched my head a few times). I would definitely recommend it to anyone, as Tama said, who is not squeemish and who is open minded.

Courtesy of Seven like... 5 years ago.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

Eraserhead
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 04:12:17 PM »
How could you mistaken this for Hitchcock? That's impossible as his films are practically dialogue-driven. The deafening noises and "silence" is not a Hitchcock trademark. Poor eyes!

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

Eraserhead
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 07:28:55 AM »
Did I ever say they were carbon copies? No. They just seemed kinda similar. The creepy-ness anyway.

Rawr Tama likes to smoke rocks.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

Eraserhead
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 05:06:59 PM »
No, smoke crack rocks. Get it right, farmer.

Same thing you fag. Watch more TV. Nobody calls 'em crack rocks anymore. Sheesh. - Pheld
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 06:19:49 PM by Seven »
Pages: [1]   Go Up