Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 12, 2017, 12:47:38 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Think of a fave anime and say what its best track is.  (Read 20495 times)

Offline AnimeGenesis

• Mind Melting
    • http://www.empireofthephoenix.co.uk

Think of a fave anime and say what its best track is.
« on: November 09, 2005, 01:32:35 PM »
At first glance this thread may seem the same to the other thread already in this forum (the only one) but it isn't (i hope).

Oh well the killer question is:

In your favourite anime, what is the best peice of music in it?

Don't worry if you can't think of one, you can use one from your top 10.

One of my favourite anime is Cowboy bepop and the best music in it (in my opinion) would have to be the music which plays just before the credits (at the end of the battle) in Episode 5 (Ballad of fallen angels)

Thanks to DarkKanti for the Sig!

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 10:31:47 PM »
Beck - I've Got a Feeling.

I recently aquired the anime and after finishing it I just had to get the OST.  I've Got a Feeling is actually a cover song they did that was originally by the beatles, and it was such a powerful scene in the anime that it has become my favorite song on the album as well.  Moon on The Water comes in a close second followed by Slip Out in third.

The Nihon Review Presents 2006: A Year in Review

Offline Kurier

• Rehabilitating...
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 10:43:30 PM »
Evangelion - Fly Me To The Moon

There is nothing like a rendition of a Sinatra classic to finish of an episode of teen angst. Coming in over 5 different versions, I could probably listen to this song every day and it would not get old to me.
I fell off the wagon and now I can't stop.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 07:59:17 AM »
I despise Evangelion's Fly Me to the Moon. Except for maybe one variation (the one on the Refrain soundtrack), all the others were horrible in its vocals. It just felt funky.

FLCL - Hybrid Rainbow

Grave of the Fireflies - Almost any sentimental instrumental

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 10:43:45 AM »
.hack//SIGN - Fake Wings / Key of the Twilight / The World / Obsession / B.T. / Yasashii Yoake

Cowboy Bebop - Call me, Call me

FLCL - Hybrid Rainbow

Offline dheu

• AFK
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 11:08:51 AM »
FLCL - One Life

Millennium Actress - Rotation (lotus 2)

Twelve Kingdoms - Juunigenmukyoku (otherwise known as the opening theme)

Haibane Renmei - Free Bird

Berserk - Forces

Someday's Dreamers - Kaze no Hana

X - Fate

Just a handful that popped up first in my mind. I might have cheated a bit on some of those, actually... for example, X isn't really one of my top favorite anime, but "Fate" is one of my favorite musical themes... so I snuck it on.

Offline ReadorDie

• Teh Newbie Reviewer

Re: Think of a fave anime and say what its best track is.
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 10:53:10 AM »
FLCL - One Life
Descendants of Darkness - The Devil's Trill/Love Me
Noir - Canta per Me/Salva Nos
Petite Cosette - Houseki
Read or Die - Read or Die Theme/Read or Die (Instrumental by YKZ)
Madlax - Hitomi Wo Kareka/Nowhere
Witch Hunter Robin - The Opening Theme Whose Name I Can't Be Bothered to Remember

I kinda cheated too.  DOD and Madlax aren't really in my top five favorite anime (the other five listed are those) but the songs listed kick too much ass for this violin fetishist to ignore.  And it may be in the top ten, so it's excusable.

Offline onime no kitsune

• The Master Of Hats

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 07:25:39 PM »
+Beck - I've Got A Feeling
+Beck - Like a Foojin
+FLCL - Advice (FLCL version)
+Beck - Face
+Lain - Wind Of Space-Time
The most Metal on NHRV

Offline dheu

• AFK
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 02:30:58 PM »
Fantastic Children - Mizu no Madoromi

Ouran High School Host Club - Sakura Kiss (orchestrated and piano versions)

Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto - Kouya Ruten (opening theme)

Alright! Alright! I cheated on BKI! I've only seen two episodes, so who knows if it will become one of my favorite series...... but the opening theme is bloody fantastic! I love Yuki Kajiura so much.  Even (gasp!  blasphemy!) more than Yoko Kanno.

Offline mouse

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 06:13:46 PM »
:0!  I never posted here!

Off the top of my head since the bulk of my anime playlist is on a different computer...

Cowboy Bebop- Blue
Inuyasha- Come
Bubblegum Crisis- Hurricane! and Mad Machine  (80's tunes, not sure what they sound like to a fresh listener today XD)
Paradise Kiss- Lonely in Gorgeous
*Black Blood Brothers- Shinkirou (by Loveholic)

...and that's good for now.

*Cheating on BBB since it's not a favorite and also is a new show with only 5 or so episodes out.  The song is really worth checking out though. :>

Offline Pachinko

• Miss Conduct
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 12:40:50 PM »
Paradise Kiss - Lonely in Gorgeous
Nana - rose

There are so many. But I don't know the titles! :(

Let me see.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 11:28:13 PM »
* AC puts on his thinking helmet

Okay, here goes:

MONSTER - Angel Hand
This piece was played in a particular scene in episode 38, and I was simply mesmerized by it. I chose not to specify the scene in order to not spoil it for those who haven't watched it.

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - Alone Again
Tsuiokuhen's most memorable moment is personally its ending, and its BG music for the scene can be highly credited for its reason. Another close contender is Kotowari ~ A Boy Meets The Man.

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - I Do
The song played during episode 11, which was the most emotional episode in all GITS series. If only I could understand Italian... :(. Close contender: Rise during its opening sequence.

RahXephon - Hemisphere
Yes, a Maaya Sakamoto-Yoko Kanno tag team just can't seem to go wrong with anything they can chalk up. Damn, I just can't stop listening to this wonderful piece by Maaya-sama herself.

NANA - A Little Pain
This one just nicks its opening song, Rose by an inch. It just seems so sentimental with this. OLIVIA, I'll give a standing ovation for this one :3

Gundam SEED - Anna Ni Issho Datta No Ni
I think the Yuki Kajiura-See-Saw duo hit the jackpot with this masterpiece. Amongst all the other worthy mentionables, this one takes the cake.

There are a heck of others, but you can see, this isn't gonna stop... so for now, I'll just put a cork in it :C .

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 12:07:46 AM »
Hmm... I'd like to try to avoid calling one song from a long standing or currently airing series the "best" because it seems to change. Before "Wish" and "Starless Night" came out for NANA, I was pretty sure "Rose" and "A Little Pain" were set in stone as the best songs we were gonna get. Now "Black Tears", the recent exit, is growing on me. So I think I'll wait til this gem of a show is over before I dare to pick a best song. Same with Bleach which has had some surprisingly good music for a shounen slugfest anime.

Honey & Clover (1 and 2): "Waltz." Though "Fugainaiya" was better then "Dramatic" for openings, and "Split" was very easy on the ears, "Waltz" is still the king This is especially impressive since H&C had so many insert songs that were memorable as well.

Mai-HiME: "Ensei." This was tough, as "Ensei" is one of the better background pieces ever made period, but then again, so was "Mezame".

Mai-Otome: "Materialise" (their spelling, not mine). Clever use of plucking violin strings to help create a memorable background piece that came with most of the Otome big combat sequences. Pulse pounding and riveting music. It sure crescendos nicely, at least. "Sei Otome no Inori" does a good job as the secondary combat piece.

Record of Lodoss War:  "Kiseki no Umi".  No matter how you judge anime music, this is a beautiful ****ing song.

Sousei no Acquarion: "Omna Magni". Shitty / brilliant anime, good music. Omna Magni is a HAUNTING song that sounds so innocently childish. It's an ingenious piece of work by the always amazing Yoko Kanno.

Welcome to the NHK: "Odoru Akachan Ningen". The first exit to the show. I still do not know to this day if this was a serious attmept at heavy metal, or one of the greatest pieces of mockery ever recorded. If it's the former, Japanese people should never do scream death metal. If it's the latter, bra-****ing-vo!

*Edit*

Forgot one.

Eureka 7:  "Sakura".  This one was damn tough.  Having to pick a "best track" out of this brilliant compilation of music is nearly impossible.  So I went with my gut:  which song do I like listening to at full blast on my MP3 player?  The answer was undoubtedly this one.  The fourth intro to Eureka 7 combines, oddly, a rendition of Amazing Grace with a feel good beat and lyrics to create a new and unique song that stays with you after you've heard it the first time.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Major Tom

• PYON!
    • MajorTom's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 12:25:42 AM »
Quote from: TypicalIdiotFan

Welcome to the NHK: "Odoru Akachan Ningen". The first exit to the show. I still do not know to this day if this was a serious attmept at heavy metal, or one of the greatest pieces of mockery ever recorded. If it's the former, Japanese people should never do scream death metal. If it's the latter, bra-****ing-vo!

Quoted for truth.  I loved this song in all it's absurdity, I think it summed the show up in a much better way than the much more softer second ED.  I dub it's style to be  'piano metal'.

Now, from my favourites shows:
Ghost in the Shell:  Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig:  Cyber Bird.  I heard this song before I had seen 2nd Gig, so what I see when I hear this song is markedly different from the episodes it plays in, but out of all of Kanno's excellent soundtrack, I will always stop to listen to this song.  I simply love it's rollercoaster of triumph to despair and back again.

Haibane Renmei:  Starting of the World, Ailes Grises.  Haibane Renmei remains my number 1 favourite show to this day, nothing has knocked it off of it's perch yet, and it's position is helped by a simply awesome soundtrack.  It's a real toss up between these 2 songs, because they represent my 2 favourite genres, solo Piano and String Quartet.

Someday's Dreamers:  Where the Sky and the Earth Meet, Home County of the Water Imp.  Somedays Dreamers is not the greatest of anime's around, but it has a simply delightful soundtrack.  Again, I present 2 songs, because I simply cannot decide.

Burn Up! Excess: Future Dream Burn Up! is more of a guilty pleasure than a favourite, but Future Dream is a fun little song, and combined with the amusingly drawn crayon ED sequence makes me squrim with delight.

And one final one for now:

Scrapped Princess: Daichi......memory failure, whatever the ED song is called.  For some reason the ED reminds me of a Mariachi band, and I don't consider that to be a bad thing........

Offline dheu

• AFK
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 06:52:22 AM »
Otogi Zoshi: Attack Haus - Zen

So good, and very well-used with the opening visuals.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up