Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 11, 2017, 04:26:51 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Think of a fave anime and say what its best track is.  (Read 20491 times)

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

Re: Think of a fave anime and say what its best track is.
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 07:14:10 AM »
Ah, yes... the revival of a classic thread ^^. I hadn't posted in this kind of thread for ages. Let's see what I have up my mind:

Fullmetal Alchemist - Motherland
What can I say? I love Crystal Kay's sultry R&B voice and this song that complements her voice. Plus, her fame was pretty catapulted due to this song.

Mai-HiME - Mezame
This was a very tough one for me, because a strong contender is "Kimi ga Sora Datta", the closing song. At the end of the day, the song which never fails to keep my feet from tapping wins it. Kudos to you, Kajiura!

Inuyasha - Come
Another strong contender for this is "Dearest" by Ayumi-sama herself. Eventually, I find Namie Amuro's "Come" better than "Dearest". I don't know, but there's something about the song that's so... sexy (ooh...:E)

Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence - Kugutsuuta Uta Mite Chiru
There's something so mystical and enigmatic about the song that I just can't grasp about it. Kenji Kawai did a masterpiece on this one, and he's also doing one as of this moment with Seirei No Moribito's background music.

Boy, was that a relief...

Offline Flash Sword Irene

• Gundamtastic Orgasm
  • Beast of Possibility

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 03:53:45 PM »
Hmmm.....let's see....

Outlaw Star: Masahiko Arimachi - Through the Night
One of the best OP's I have heard in the past few years or so.  Its so energetic that it really reels you in, whether or not you are watching the anime.  I love how it is so spirited and sung with the right amount of energy needed to pull that song off correctly.  If that is not a good OP, I don't know what is.

Cowboy Bebop: Mai Yamane - The Real Folk Blues
I thought Mai Yamane did a good job singing this song, especially since his/her voice fits right in naturally.  Plus, the instrumentals really captured the feel of the anime as well.  As a standalone song, its all good for all 6 minutes.

X 1999: X Japan - Forever Love
I actually hated this anime movie and thought it made no sense.  But, the end theme was beautifully done, even though I was not big into J-Rock at all those years ago.  However, the lead singer sung this well enough and the guitar solo at the 5-6 minute mark hit it home for me.  And, the piano parts definitely made the song as nice as it was too.

Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohaheito: Fictionjunction YUUKA - Kouya Routen
Another anime I disliked, yet had a good OP at the sametime.  Kajiura's composition for this song was quite nice, starting off nicely with the supernatural-ish feel.   Even though YUUKA is not an exceptional vocalist, she did make the song work with her light and delicate vocals.

Bleach: HIGH AND MIGHTY COLOR - Ichirin no Hana
I may have dropped the series, despite going into the Arrancar-saga, this is my favorite Bleach OP.  I didn't really care for the other OPs at all, yet some of the EDs were not so bad.  Its just that hard rock style that got me into it, plus despite how limited Yusuke's and Mai's vocals are, they did a decent job that was actually rather catchy.

Record of Lodoss War: Maaya Sakamoto - Kiseki no Umi
Despite how awful the series turned out, this is yet another one with a good OP to it.  The dramatic feel and chorus is what makes this song great.  Plus, Maaya did a good job herself when it came to the vocal department, hitting her notes.

Mononoke: JuJu - Natsu no Hana
Some might argue how a ballad clashes with an anime full of quirkiness, but I think its plain beautiful.  JuJu just sings this ballad-style song nicely enough, fluid yet solid.  Plus, this is the song that got me into downloading her latest album as well.  Lol.

Deathnote - L no Theme
What can I say?  Its the theme for my favorite character in the entire series.  Not to mention, that it just fits using a blend of compositions and hard electric guitar.

Samurai 7: Rin' - Fuhen
Its just a nice song to hear, plus the folk-style instrumentals really make this a soothing piece.  While Rin' may not be considered an Enka-style band, they do some pretty good music.  As for the lead singer, she is not the most impressive, but she just does enough no more, no less.

FLCL: The Pillows - Ride on Shooting Star
I did not like this anime at all, yet another one with a good ED or so.  I just happened to like the spunk those guys showed for the song.  Plus, the guitar play was just cool.

Tsubasa Chronicle Season 1: Kinya - Blaze
The way the song was made from start to finish more or less had my attention the entire way.  Not sure what it was, but for some reason I liked the song.

There are other songs I liked, but it is a lot of anime songs though.

Offline Shadowmage

• Mobile Suit RX-0 Unicorn
  • Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 04:22:50 PM »
Quote from: AC
Inuyasha - Come
Another strong contender for this is "Dearest" by Ayumi-sama herself. Eventually, I find Namie Amuro's "Come" better than "Dearest". I don't know, but there's something about the song that's so... sexy (ooh...:E)

"So coooome my waaaay!
Coooome close to meee!"

I'm sorry, but when I feel immature, this song is a source of many a lulz.

Anyways...

Nana- Kuroi Namida and Starless Night

Elfen Lied- Lilium

End of Evangelion - Komm Susser Tod

When the Cry - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

Bokurano- Uninstall and Vermillion

I recommend Mobile Suit, RX-0 and Unicorn from the Unicorn OST.

Offline zzeroparticle

• NEET
  • Reviewer
    • Google+
    • zzeroparticle's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with zzeroparticle using Skype
    • Steam Community :: zzeroparticle
    • @zzeroparticle
    • http://blog.animeinstrumentality.net/

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 10:15:02 AM »
Why not?  Seems like I'll be listing a few of my favorite pieces:

ARIA the ANIMATION - AQUA
You have a lot of random melodies going off for the first 16 seconds of this piece until the acoustic guitar moves in with the main theme. Once it settles, you're pretty much in for a mellow, peaceful ride, especially around 0:'35 when the violins move in to accompany the guitar. The piece's strengths come from the serene mood it sets as well as the image of a beautiful, sunny day by the imposition of a melody that gets nudged along as it meanders and lets you flow along like a gondola in Venice's many canals.

Bartender - NO NAME ~Kami no Glass~
The piano here is what really caught my attention because the melody and the improvisations that the pianist uses keeps things really interesting. It also helps that the percussion in the background help set the pace with which the melody can build up around it.  Taken in the context of the show, this piece does a great job of evoking a slow, laid-back night at your local tavern. Maybe a nightclub where you have some performers on stage similar to the sort of atmosphere you get in older movies that showed this kind of lifestyle. It certainly brings out a soothing environment in which you can go after a long day's work and relax a bit. When it comes down to it, the melody isn't really all that complex to begin with, but it's a really pleasant piece to listen to because it's fast enough to hold my attention while succeeding in putting me in a calm state.

Renkin 3-kyu Magical? Pokan - Magipoka Theme ~ Spring
Noriyasu Agematsu (probably better known for his work with the Wild Arms video game series) has delivered with a fantastic piece.  The piano intro just gives it an upbeat and playful feeling right off the bat as it signals the coming spring full of possibilities. This fits in ridiculously well with the series, especially when you look at the girls' personalities, but that's for another time. The guitars then continue the sense of carefree days with its upbeat melody up until 0:25 when the piano takes over for awhile to serve as a transition for the violins which plays along with the piano to create a happy mood. The melody playing at 0:57 feels just a little more upbeat giving me an image of the characters going out into the world exploring as much as they can possibly explore. Their energy and sense of fun becomes especially apparent around 1:14 with this melody. If there's something I love about this piece, it's definitely the energy and the bouncy tune that carries itself through with some Celtic influences to project a really happy mood.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 08:14:27 AM »
Quote from: Shadowmage
"So coooome my waaaay!
Coooome close to meee!"

I'm sorry, but when I feel immature, this song is a source of many a lulz.
Yeah, I had orgasmic nights myself especially when I can't the song out of my head.

New updates:

Nodame Cantabile - Allegro Cantabile Sound
Lovely Complex - Kimi + Boku = LOVE?

Offline Le Bread

• Le Generallisimo

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 11:38:19 AM »
Eureka Seven - Storywriter If only to bring attention to the awesome back catalogue of music that the band Supercar created over the last ten years before they disbanded.

Offline Kavik Ryx

• Yellow Ranger
  • Ex-Reviewer
    • Einlayzner's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with EInlayzner using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Zyxro

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 06:56:11 PM »
Zeta Gundam: Gackt: Since You Are Waiting
Death Note: Nightmare: The World
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Megumi Hayashibara: Fly Me to The Moon

Offline moe

• teh DDR is teh tasteys!

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2008, 07:23:21 AM »
i'd have to say FLCL- little busters because it made the resolution a bit smoother for me.

Offline euphoric_prodigy

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 02:46:29 AM »
FLCL-Funny Bunny (very simplistic, yet irresistably recurrent)

Uhmmmm....Denno coil's opening theme....Prism by Ayako ikeda
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up