Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 13, 2017, 05:18:54 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS2 Mod Chip Problems  (Read 3664 times)

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

PS2 Mod Chip Problems
« on: November 01, 2005, 02:49:57 PM »
Installed a mod chip but it doesn't work. Soldering job is perfect, no bridges, wiring is good--still won't work. On boot I get a black screen...does anyone know how I can fix this? Or know a place I can get help?

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

PS2 Mod Chip Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 08:17:29 PM »
My suggestion would be to put water in teh ports, crack the screen, and try to get a new one for free.

Otherwise, it's your fault that the PSP broke, and therefore your warranty is most likely invalid.

*note: the first suggestion is completely illegal.

Offline AnimeGenesis

• Mind Melting
    • http://www.empireofthephoenix.co.uk

PS2 Mod Chip Problems
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 04:12:22 AM »
Quote from: Phelddagrif

Otherwise, it's your fault that the PSP broke, and therefore your warranty is most likely invalid.

*note: the first suggestion is completely illegal.

Yeah, sadly its invalid now, so they don't have to do anything. Anyway Pheld, wasn't tamashii talking about the PS2 rather than the PSP? (going on what the title says)

typo -_-
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 05:58:48 AM by Seven »

Thanks to DarkKanti for the Sig!

Offline Sorrow-kun

• War Criminal
  • Administrator
    • Sorrow-kun's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with sorrow-k using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Sorrow_kun
    • @Sorrow_kun
    • The Nihon Review

PS2 Mod Chip Problems
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 04:39:22 AM »
Not that I know where they are specifically, but I'm sure if you ask around some of the people in the know, there are thousands of places where you can get help on these sorts of things.  Just trying to find the people in the know might be the first challenge.

Offline Zirilan

PS2 Mod Chip Problems
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 05:30:05 PM »
Google it.  If google can't help you then the world is doomed.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

PS2 Mod Chip Problems
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 07:56:44 PM »
I had my electronics teacher, an intelligent man, help me out on this. After the first soldering attempt, the system provided a black screen. I returned to him with more specific instructions and "suggestions" for fixing the black screen problem that I printed off a forum/website. He dismissed them as bogus, calling the writers lamers. "Wire length has shit to do with it," and he was right. After the third attempt, which I had resoldered it, chopped the wire length, taped the wires down onto the board...it still didn't work. I removed the chip and booted up the PS2 clean. Didn't work. It could be assumed that: the PS2 fried before the chip came in, the PS2 fried when the chip came in, or the PS2 friend when the chip came out. The conclusion is that this whole thing is a ****ing pain in the ass. Not only have I lost a PS2, I've lost lots of valuable time. My brother is promptly finding a replacement and he's going to send it in with a new modchip for a pro to do the install.

Phew =/ hopefully I can get a modded PS2 in a month or so.

PS: Trying to get a "Free replacement" wouldn't work because my warranty expired AND because I had opened and soldered. Even if I had a working warranty, they would definitely notice that the motherboard was toyed with and automatically void my warranty.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 07:59:07 PM by Tamashii »
Pages: [1]   Go Up