Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

November 18, 2017, 10:25:00 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Inuyashiki  (Read 592 times)

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

Re: Inuyashiki
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 06:50:40 AM »
4:

Seriously now, Gramps really need to consider make his own suit or something. He can't be flying around fighting bad guys topless and shit; that's just wrong.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 07:21:13 AM »
5:

So I'm right. Shishigami does have a sense of empathy, but with questionable morals. He's not a completely psychopath; he has protective instincts but no understanding of consequences. He actually thinks he can get 3 million yen in cold hard cash without raising any alarms (and claim to be good at moving money)? Kid doesn't even understand basic economics.

And Gramps... oh Gramps. Old man needs to read them shounen comics to know to shoot lasers or something.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 08:00:05 PM »
If Gramps need Astro (or Atom) Boy's song to fly, maybe he need to name his beam arm thingy. You know like how people shouts the name of the Ultimate Weapon before dispatching the enemy. And the name of the weapon/combo moves will pop up Kill La Kill style.

And he need Spandex pants. Guess Andou is going to be Gramps sidekick, aka Robin. He sure is a cry baby.

I don't get it when Shishigami  bleeds from a paper cut. They can withstand a .50 BMG round, but can get a paper cut? And is it blood or simulated blood. When Gramps eat, his body expel it. So it the body adapting? Shishigami is not bothering to conceal what happens or who he is. His strength, his confession to Andou that's he's a robot, and now using his hands as a mobile device.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 02:23:56 AM »
Gramps reminds me of the super powered main character from The Greatest American Hero.  In fact, they're very similar plot lines involving alien tech.  In TGAH, a teacher is given a cliche' spandex superhero suit that grants him all kinds of Superman like powers, but he loses the instruction manual, so he doesn't know how to use any of them.  Comedy ensues when he has to go through a lot of trial and error to figure things out, and even by the end of the series run, still hadn't mastered flying.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 07:10:25 PM »
I don't get it when Shishigami  bleeds from a paper cut. They can withstand a .50 BMG round, but can get a paper cut? And is it blood or simulated blood. When Gramps eat, his body expel it. So it the body adapting? Shishigami is not bothering to conceal what happens or who he is. His strength, his confession to Andou that's he's a robot, and now using his hands as a mobile device.

It's the whole running theme of being human, which is kinda fascinating to me. It's like what I mentioned before: Gramps still 'feels' tired although he isn't, Shishigami taking the bus to school, etc. There's no real reason for them to even do or experience any of them. It's just a subconscious habit or a human reflex, but Shishigami does make conscious effort to do non-human things (like using his hand as a phone, or something).

His finger bleeding? Maybe he unconsciously wanted to bleed in order to feel human, instead of going around and killing people for it. He can take on a .50 BMG round but not take damage of it obviously because he doesn't want a gaping hole in his body.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2017, 10:23:56 PM »
The finger bleeding sequence is, I think, a bit of bad directing.  I think Hiro was dreaming that, which is why the very next scene is a quick cut to him waking up.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 01:40:37 AM »
The finger bleeding sequence is, I think, a bit of bad directing.  I think Hiro was dreaming that, which is why the very next scene is a quick cut to him waking up.

I re watch that part. I think you are right. It just that the next seance was he and his mom was watching the news.

Beside asking the question am I still human, the other thing that keeps popping up is 'I am no hero;. Gramps feels that using his new power to save people is a 'human responsibility'. And he never feels heroic. Make me wonder how does a salary man get that repressed emotions. In the train ride from episode 1, there was a hint that he do have repressed feelings of in justice. And he fantasize standing up to the train ruffians.

Or watching Astro Boy in his childhood days gave he a sense of justice. Wonder what happens if he watch too much Gatachman.  He may shouts "Bird Go" before activating his rocket back pack. 

Offline Gadget

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2017, 07:45:38 PM »
Hiro's last anchor to reality is gone. He's totally unhinge now. So he cries for his mom, or he cries for himself. He wanted to feel human, and he did. The result is hate and revenge. Cool way of 'bang bang' from the screen. Ultimate doxing.  And otaku and 4chan users bashing.Sometimes I think a person true personality comes out when you are anonymous. People will react differently if your real identity can be known.

Gramps is too cute to be true. Come on. Don't know USB port, Lightning jack, Micro SD card. Good thing he did not interface as serial or parallel port.

The voice acting still feels weird. The VA for the 2 MCs are actors, not professional VAs. Their lack of experience is coming out. But veteran actor for Inuyashiki, Kohinata Fumiyo is no stranger the live production base on anime or manga.  He manages to get some innocence from Gramps.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up