Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

November 19, 2017, 09:19:28 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doki Doki Literature Club  (Read 176 times)

Offline Mayucchi

• まつかぜ
    • MayuzumiYukie's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Steam Community :: mayuzumiyukie
    • @Mayucchi_Yukie
    • Sora to Sekai

Doki Doki Literature Club
« on: October 11, 2017, 04:18:19 PM »

Doki Doki Literature Club is an OELVN is taking the visual novel community by storm. If you haven't played it yet, I highly recommend giving this a go. It's completely free. DON'T look for a walkthrough or read anything about it, just go in blind.

Have fun! I don't think you will be disappointed.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Re: Doki Doki Literature Club
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 08:37:59 PM »
This is coming off as an advertisement, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here since you've made posts that weren't advertisements before.  Convince me not to nuke this thread.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Mayucchi

• まつかぜ
    • @Mayucchi_Yukie
    • Sora to Sekai

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 08:44:38 PM »
This is coming off as an advertisement, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here since you've made posts that weren't advertisements before.  Convince me not to nuke this thread.

That's quite difficult. I kept this thread succinct because anything that I say regarding this game, plot or mechanics, would be a spoiler. I would invite you to search up the game on /r/visualnovels or /jp/ and see just how big this game has gotten over the last few days, but that would involve you potentially seeing spoilers, so don't do that. This game's appeal hinges on exploiting mechanics unique to the visual novel medium (think Ever17 or the Zero Escape series), so it's extremely easy to spoil.

I invite you to spend approximately two hours of your time to play the game, and then I'll be happy to discuss any element of this game with you. I believe I would rather risk this thread being nuked than to spoil the game for you and prospective players.

I can definitively say that I'm not associated with the developer in any way, if that counts for anything. Also, I'm definitely not a bot, as you can verify through links on my forum profile.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 11:57:56 PM »
I didn't think you were, which is why I didn't nuke it immediately.  This isn't supposed to be antagonistic, I'm just doing my job to make sure the board doesn't get cluttered with spam.  But since you even responded, which is more than any other spammers do, I'm content to let this go.

Discussion of the game is fine and dandy, so go for it.  As for myself, I don't play VNs, so I most likely wont delve into this one either.  Everybody else can have at it, though.

Offline Mayucchi

• まつかぜ
    • @Mayucchi_Yukie
    • Sora to Sekai

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 12:04:02 AM »
I didn't think you were, which is why I didn't nuke it immediately.  This isn't supposed to be antagonistic, I'm just doing my job to make sure the board doesn't get cluttered with spam.  But since you even responded, which is more than any other spammers do, I'm content to let this go.

Discussion of the game is fine and dandy, so go for it.  As for myself, I don't play VNs, so I most likely wont delve into this one either.  Everybody else can have at it, though.

Yeah, I know you weren't being antagonistic. To be honest, if I could say more, I would have written more in the topic itself. However, there really isn't much I can say about this game beyond giving it away.

If you don't play visual novels, this could be a good one to start with. I know I may sound crazy to suggest playing OELVN as a gateway compared to established entry VNs like G-Senjou or Steins;Gate, but it'll only take up two hours of your time (and will most likely be more rewarding than something like Nekopara).

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 02:09:01 AM »
I've played them before, I just don't anymore.  I have virtually no time with my life schedule to watch anime as it is.

Offline The Big Guy

• Peasant-Chan

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 09:48:47 PM »
The VN contingent on this forum has basically left or have become perpetual lurkers like myself. It's a shame, I know a bunch of people on this forum were hype for subahibi and such and now I can't discuss. Ah well.
I'm so awesome, I have my own TV Tropes page:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheBigGuy.

Offline Mayucchi

• まつかぜ
    • @Mayucchi_Yukie
    • Sora to Sekai

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 04:17:31 AM »
The VN contingent on this forum has basically left or have become perpetual lurkers like myself. It's a shame, I know a bunch of people on this forum were hype for subahibi and such and now I can't discuss. Ah well.

We can talk about Subahibi if you want. The kamige meme I posted was more of a joke than anything because Subahibi got quite a lot of hate in the Western visual novel community as of late, yet Doki Doki Literature Club has been met with nearly universal acclaim.

I definitely don't believe these two works should be seriously compared to each other, but I certainly would recommend both if asked. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up