Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 14, 2017, 12:07:30 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Animegataris  (Read 634 times)

Offline Zeitgeist

• DrunkenZeitgeist's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Animegataris
« on: October 08, 2017, 02:12:07 PM »
1:
Gunbuster meets Macross with Escaflowne and Nadia.
 Is that supposed to be Hideaki Anno? Shirobako already did this.

Main Girl's struggle to find a specific anime reminds me of the dark times that was the early 2000's .A time when ANN either didn't exist or was worthless(lol). MAL didn't exist. Overall there just wasn't much information regarding anime let alone a functional means of parsing what little information was actually available. It took me like 2 years to discover the name of that show I saw one time on a channel I wasn't familiar with which aired at the 2am. It was truly a terrible time to be alive.
Though interestingly enough, this episode presents the far more modern problem of too much information and too many shows. Not that she couldn't just google "mecha pilot headband idol".

Eh. It was w/e. If I remember this show exists next week I will probably check out episode 2.

Edit: OK, so I did infact google "mecha pilot headband" and Noriko was nowhere to be found. Maybe the search would yield better results in Japan.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Re: Animegataris
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 12:56:20 PM »
Gunbuster meets Macross with Escaflowne and Nadia.

Yeah, she's either mixing up a lot of shows she watched into one amalgamation or it is actually Rahxephon.  A lot of that can be covered there.  In any event.

1:

I said in the Fall 2017 anime thread that this one sounded pedestrian until it got to the idea that they're all waiting for the end of the world, then I got curious.  I had totally forgotten I had even written that about this how until the hat did something weird and the cat started talking.  To that point, it WAS a fairly pedestrian "club" anime with cute girls doing cute things, though I did find it bizarre they just stepped on the cat without a care in the world.  I wasn't sure if that was intentional or just came off bizarre because of clumsy directing, but now I know there was something to it.  Maybe it was instinctive.  The girls both stepped on him because it just had to be done.  They didn't know why, their minds were told not to pay it any attention, just go ahead and do it and don't worry about it.  Of course, they didn't know the cat would start talking... and after the credits beg the audience not to drop the show after only one episode... but it still had to happen.

Probably because the cat is an ass.  What cat isn't, though?

The references fly by pretty ****ing fast in this one, and I was only able to maybe get half of the shows being mentioned (the walking down the hall mentioning the clubs, which were all anime references as well, was cute), and we've already met the principle characters.  We have the noob, the otaku, the LN reader, the chuuni, the oldfag (who is totally me, by the way, I don't know when Japan came and took a picture of me and turned me into a cartoon character, but I am honored, I'm fatter and have more beard hair, though), another girl who may be a gamer but I don't know yet, and the pretty boy who I will bet even money is into boys love for some reason.

And then there's Hideaki Anno, looking all lonely until he finds a magic evil beanie.  Anno is going to destroy the world.  I always knew this day would come.  I just realize he might also be Miyazaki, who has become kind of disillusioned with the anime industry and would make an ironic perfect villain as someone who wants to 'destroy the anime world'.  I would probably be on his side, though, so what kind of villain could he really be?
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 09:18:50 PM »
2:

Okay, Sebas doing that ****ing dance at the beginning had me rolling with laughter for a good five minutes.  What the hell is wrong with that guy?

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 10:29:30 PM »
3:

Talking about the 3 episode rule during the 3rd episode of the anime and declaring people who drop shows after episode 3 are shallow petty people.  I see what you did there.  I see it.  I'm not dropping this show!  Ha ha!  In your FACE Animegataris!

Speaking of "in your face", Kaikai pulls a Donald Trump and inspires an entire audience, mostly the guys, that all you need to do to plead your case is make one hot blooded, hard boiled manly speech against tyranny and shit and you can get, mostly the guys, to go along with whatever you got.  Now, if Trump would only have a yaoi moment with Mike Pence, maybe he'd get a few of the girls on his side, too.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 08:42:09 AM »
  Now, if Trump would only have a yaoi moment with Mike Pence, maybe he'd get a few of the girls on his side, too.

ARRRGGHHHH! I have to BleachBit my brains from this suggestive image.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 07:35:36 AM »
2;

2:

Okay, Sebas doing that ****ing dance at the beginning had me rolling with laughter for a good five minutes.  What the hell is wrong with that guy?

Jesus the dance number.
you werent kidding

Due to its faster pace this has edged out Blend S for "mindless comedy of the week." For there can only be one, apparently.

Yea nerds certainly are self-defeating in how we harshly criticize our own for any slight differences.

Newly introduced Short-haired girl has a great desing buy a shit voice.

3:

of course best girl is about that BL.

**** w/e bullshit they are supposing with the the seitokaichou.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 10:45:33 AM »
Details of how to survive a Japanese Amine or Comiket event.

By the way, Yanf BeiBei was saying 'ni mun mee loo ler ma?' Is actually 'are you people lost?' in mandarin.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 07:08:17 AM »
5:

Holy Shit at 2:35 a track from Jak and Daxter started playing  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIXeyZB0g7k&list=PLF296898380E24516&index=2

Anime Girls wearing Sun Dresses with Sun Hats is the best

Kana may be in everything but she always brings me a smile.

I would ****ing kill myself if I had to not only wait in line for hours but also suffer cringe-tier reference humor from the staff(made all the worse by the surrounding crowd just lapping it up). Conventions are a nightmare.

I like what they are hinting at with Minoa's father. Should be fun.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 11:31:59 AM »
6:

So it's like a Pub Crawl for anime spots. Only in Japan, obviously.

The Girls Bath stright overlooks the Mens. Sexist

Such light-hearted fun. How could you not like this episode? Just because I've seen this exact episode no short of 5 times before? Psshaw.

She is so adorable.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 12:30:50 PM »
Sebas saves the day with his God's ray. BTY, din see him in the train but turn up in the hotel. With the speed of activating the search and rescue, he must command a battalion of elites behind the seance.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 12:54:08 PM »
Megumin !!!!! EXPLOSSSIIIIOOOONNN!!!

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 01:06:40 PM »
8:

"It's like one of my Japanese 'Sports' Animes."
           Seriousy, ever since I made the equivalencey(that sports anime are all about concentrated will and drive, therefore, any anime about will and drive is functionally a "sports anime"), I have come to love so many shows.

How do the 2 daughters look nothing like the parents?

As if Japanese Third Person isnt off-putting enough, the fact that  parental couples often refer to one-another as "Mama" and "Papa...*shudder*

The fact that their "anime" was on the level of "The Ultimate Showdown" or other such mid-late 2000's projects was just a massive nostalgia bomb.

*Cue ED with cute anime girls dancing*
    Cause **** diegesis. This is anime. All the characters are themselves cute anime girls.

Where do we go from here?

Offline Gadget

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 10:19:42 AM »

*Cue ED with cute anime girls dancing*
    Cause **** diegesis. This is anime. All the characters are themselves cute anime girls.

Where do we go from here?

I thought that was to save production cost.

The principal will be setting in to shut the club. I still wondering who or what is Neko sempai.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 02:56:57 AM »
8:

Dad:  "Even your mother never hits me!"
Mom:  "Now don't tell lies, dear."
Me: "... do go on..."

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 05:20:27 PM »
9:

Either this is the "2D shouldn't mix with 3D" critique, or Hayao Miyazaki is writing this episode.
Pages: [1]   Go Up