Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 14, 2017, 02:05:35 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Houseki no Kuni  (Read 310 times)

Offline Gadget

Houseki no Kuni
« on: October 08, 2017, 01:24:54 AM »
I have to say that this is one of the more innovative story of the season. There is so much mystery as who are these organic crystals. Who is their master. And why the  Moon race want to harvest them. And where are the humans. It so reminded me Shin Sekai yori. A future so far away where there is no more normal humans.

The MC is a sharp tongue slacker, at least she's not a tsundere. As the story progress, it became a depressed girl want to help an even more depressed girl story. It will have the typical love will melt your cold heart type of drama.

The visual is unusual. Maybe this is to emphasize that the girls are not human. The hair is an interesting translucent shade to show which crystal. And master is hairless.

My gut feeling is that once the background is set, it may fall back to typical anime story telling.

And the real Cinnabar contains Mercury. It explains her toxicity, the sliver light, and the liquid form of swamping her enemies instead of hard strikes.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Re: Houseki no Kuni
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 03:16:53 AM »
The moon harvesters are the humans.  It won't be anything else.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 10:13:18 PM »
1:

How creative.

This show is pretty AF, and I guess that's the main appeal of the show. But I also have to give it to the premises: I haven't come across any show before that uses gems quite like this before. Very interesting setup in overall although it's basically a mahou shoujo genre with some familiar plot developments. I'm just not sure how the gem theme will influence how the plot develops. Plus, I'm usually against CGI animation because it's often awkward but so far this show is doing a good job at making sure it's fluid. Still not sure too much focus is only on the aesthetics (such shows tend to focus a lot on looks at the expense of the story), so only time will tell.

I imagine all the geoscience fans having wet dreams about this show. I'll stick around for while for the setup. And the hair. And them hot pants.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:36:23 PM by AC »

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 10:17:36 PM »
2:

Material science is awesome!

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 09:39:35 PM »
3:

Semi-auto pooping is awesome. But being told off by people that you're better off being a snail, that ain't cool.

Offline The Big Guy

• Peasant-Chan

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 07:45:16 PM »
9:

I'm a little sad that we lost our lovable happy Phos and got discount angsty Phos in in their place. After the direness of the previous episode and the first half of this one, I was happy that the other gems are picking up the slack for comedic relief.
I'm so awesome, I have my own TV Tropes page:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheBigGuy.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 07:52:16 PM »
I am not sure which one perturbs me more: Antarcticite's apparent death, or the others swooning over Phos's new limbs and forgetting about the former.
Pages: [1]   Go Up