Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

November 19, 2017, 04:59:41 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kekkai Sensen & Beyond  (Read 290 times)

Offline Gadget

Kekkai Sensen & Beyond
« on: October 07, 2017, 07:57:38 PM »
Din want to use the ol thread. It was 2 years ago and it ran into 8 pages

The gang is back, and as energetic as ever. The 'larva in the head' was a good way to recap who are the main characters and their powers. And it goes straight into the story. And it has the usual WTF events, especially for Leonardo Watch.

My main issue with S1 was the side plot was better than the main plot. It was trying to Americanize the non humans to be New Yorkers. And it was way more fun than trying to get a South Asian or Chinese to be a new Yorker.

Libra members are still a mystery, beside Zap, there is little information of their past, or how they got their abilities. And I hope to see Michelle Watch visit her brother. That will be fun.

I'm sure some issues from S1 will be carried over. And the president head event may hunt them for the rest of the season.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

Re: Kekkai Sensen & Beyond
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 05:27:22 AM »
1:

Man, talk about making a comeback with a bang!

It's been some time (well, over 2 years to be precise) since the previous season ended, and the story basically begins from square one. Frankly, I don't remember what happened last season at all, and barely remember the characters (well, I do remember Leonardo, Zepp and Klaus but that's about it). What I do remember is how ambivalent I felt about the whole setup; it felt like a mess to me.

But strangely, now I feel like this show is amazing. Not sure if this season is necessarily better than last, but the first season started off on the right track. Cast is rambunctious, the action is chaotic and music is all over the place. Most of all, nothing seem to make sense yet everything feels so right it's bewildering. I guess that's what make this show great: it's a damn fun extravaganza all in all. Plus, Leo's yelling and hijink were hilarious.

I'll riding this boat for sure.

P.S. this headless US prez seems to have a good head on his shoulders, unlike #RealDonaldTr*mp :\

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 05:05:57 AM »
3:

Damn, Freedom Magnum man.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 08:09:13 PM »
So, there is no over arching plot. No King of Deprive, and Leonardo's not making any attempt to get her sister's sight back. It seems to be focus on individual past history and how they live in day to day in Hellsalam Lot.

Zap's still around. Guess his Freedom Magnum was save. It should be illegal.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 05:06:29 AM »
4:

I missed that Burger kid.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 08:33:49 PM »
I want Gilbert's car!! It make the Batmobile looks like pussy. So Gilbert's a regenerator. So is he like Father Alexander from Hellsing or the Frankenstein monster. I think Frank Alstein was  dead give away.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 05:20:10 AM »
6:

WHO YOU GONNA CALL
Pages: [1]   Go Up