Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 22, 2017, 04:57:55 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi  (Read 84 times)

Offline Zeitgeist

• DrunkenZeitgeist's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi
« on: October 07, 2017, 03:44:52 PM »
1:

This may be the season I actually watch an episode of every full-length show...what has my life become?

Up. Another wanna be "Scarburough Fair"
Hey. I heard a "keikaku doori"

Has the estate of Lupin just folded enitirely to the Japanese at this point?
Is this pre-rifling? They had a quick rate of fire, how did they all miss?

Boring Bishie captures boring Girl.

7 minutes. That beats Death Game and Death Game 2 in terms of my retention.
I'm out.

Victor Frankenstein!?
Okay I lied. It was on in the background while I was formatting this post.
That was technically minute 11.

I havent yet finished Princess Principal and you think I'm gonna watch this?

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Re: Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 04:41:13 PM »
Actually, this has all kinds of confusing technological nonsense going on.  Firstly, Queen Victoria's reign ended in 1873.  The first commercially produced steam cars didn't come into service until the 1890s.  Rifling has existed since the 16th century but didn't get put into military use until about the 19th century, but as far as cartridge based chambered multishot rifles go, that started in the early 19th century but didn't get used heavily until 1835 with the Colt Peacemaker pistol then eventually went to pin fire cartridges which were in full use in the 1860s.  The rifles they're using look a lot like the Martini-Henry, which entered service in 1871.  The car issue is a rather large sticking point, though.  I can understand the genius inventor guy being ahead of his time because reasons, but the British army were using one as well, so you've got me.  The steam powered vehicles that existed in the later 19th century did not look like this at all, and designs of this ilk really didn't come around until the early the mid 20th century.

Then again, we have Arsene Lupin from the French novels, Imbey Barbicane from Jules Verne's "From the Earth to the Moon", and Victor Frankenstein.  I don't think we need to worry too ****ing much about historical accuracy.

Wait, this is based on an otome game isn't it?

/looks

IT ****ING IS!

I'm out.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline SQA

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 03:26:50 AM »
It's always a little sad when we can tell the source material by the character setups.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 09:57:31 AM »
I'm just not a fan of specific niche audience shows that tend to stick to formulas and never deviate from them.  Reverse-harems are just as bad as regular harems, as they both stick to some just ****ing obnoxious and unrealistic practices and nobody wants to break the mold.  I think the only reverse harem I could ever tolerate watching was Ouran HS Host Club, and that's because Bones went nuts with it.  Though I guess Ouran comes out a little more shoujo than reverse-harem otome game shit.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.
Pages: [1]   Go Up