Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 14, 2017, 12:00:59 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou  (Read 746 times)

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Re: Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 03:22:30 PM »
Where are the corpses?  There are very few ways of killing lifeforms that also vaporizes the evidence.  Anything that could cause an extinction level event like this would leave behind evidence, and almost certainly no survivors.  The two other humans they've encountered so far are just fuel to this mystery.  Without a society they simply do whatever they want, but are so singularly focused on it as to keep their minds occupied.  Basically, without some monumental goal, they'd probably go insane from loneliness.  And yet, neither was particularly surprised to see other humans alive.

So where is everybody?  Are they all on the top level like the duo thinks, or did they go the other direction and back down to the earth, away from their megastructures of concrete and steel, ever rising towards the sun?  We don't know.  They mention something about a war at the beginning, but nothing is mentioned of it since.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 07:16:26 PM »
9:

Huh.  That's it, I guess.

I'm glad we got a machine in this episode capable of filling in a couple of holes, but the explanation for certain things just leaves more questions.  They waxed philosophical a bit too hard this time, which is something they've mostly avoided, and the girls end up making a very unusual decision about life.

Should have just ate the fish.

Show was good and entertaining, but this is just an empty ending.  No resolution, no questions answered, **** that noise.

7/10.  That seven is very wiiiiiiide.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 06:39:40 AM »
9:

...that's the final episode? ANN and MAL say there are 12 episodes altogether.

If Wall-E there offered any clue there, it seems that humanity died out because of some bug that happened during self-preservation. Earth died as a result (actually, it's humanity that died, not Earth), and there are only a few remnants left to give clues of what really happened.

Is empathy really the key to preventing extinction of happening? I guess that's the moral of the episode.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2017, 11:56:01 AM »
Seems that it is more than just humanity gone.  Life itself seems to be gone, at least as far as we know it.  I kept thinking about the fish they found way back then and realized that nobody knew how long that thing had been dead.  But here's the kicker, food spoils because of bacterial growth breaking down the tissues over time.  What if there are no bacteria, except for the species that live inside the remaining humans.  That's a scary thought.  If life has died to the degree where even microbial organisms didn't make it, Earth is ****ed as far as life goes.  I mean, just to throw this in here, we haven't had the requisite "deadly Japanese cold" episode yet, because I don't think viruses exist anymore either.  I initially passed that off as insignificant but now that I think about it, wow.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 09:45:51 PM »
10:

...do you know how amazing that machine is? They found a cat (another living thing, now that's another amazing thing), and that machine can verbalize its thoughts? We don't even have that in our world... do we?

And I'm not sure if fish and cats really look like that in their world, or it's just the whims of this show's art style. Seriously, if cats really look like that, I'd freak out.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up