Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 19, 2017, 05:45:06 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anime Club shambles  (Read 4372 times)

Offline AnimeGenesis

• Mind Melting
    • http://www.empireofthephoenix.co.uk

Anime Club shambles
« on: October 27, 2005, 04:19:51 AM »
Well basically my last anime club meeting was a shambles. It started at 4.30 and was supposed to end at 7:30. But we had to wait for a staff member to plug a lead into the projector. (we're  not allowed to plug in a lousy lead  :confused:, also we have to pay him for 4 hours work even though it only takes a few seconds! ).

Well once we got someone to plug it in, we played a anime dvd and realised that you couldn't get the thing off the blasted menu becuase there were no control!

So basically it ended up being the club sitting for about an hour and an half just chatting about nothing in particular. Then wouldn't you know it!, the damned remote appeared about 1/2 an hour before the end!. Finally we got to watch some actual anime. We watched Voices of a distant star, which was very good (although i thought some of the animation was sketchy).

Well the purpose of this thread apart from telling you how crap our last meet was to see if you've had any bad experiences/ bad organization with anime clubs?

Thanks to DarkKanti for the Sig!

Offline Sorrow-kun

• War Criminal
  • Administrator
    • Sorrow-kun's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with sorrow-k using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Sorrow_kun
    • @Sorrow_kun
    • The Nihon Review

Anime Club shambles
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 05:08:41 AM »
Bad experiences with anime clubs?  Don't get me started.

I used to be part of the Uni anime club a couple of years ago, but stopped going after a couple of meetings, because a lot of them were obnoxious nerds, and the anime they were showing I'd either seen before, or weren't exactly brilliant.  I wouldn't go back either, since I have a bit of a history with some of the members.

Which is why, to this day, I'm of the opinion that the worst thing about anime is the fandom.

Offline Tyrdium

• DAAAAAAA!
    • http://www.tyrdium.com

Anime Club shambles
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 12:37:41 PM »
Our anime club kinda fizzled. The entire school consists of about 150 people, so we wound up with about 5 regular members (and a bunch of people who never came because of other clubs). It didn't exactly help that one of them was insanely annoying, and we were forced to tolerate him. It ran for two years before one of our main members graduated, and we were left with me, a friend, a schoolmate, and the really annoying kid. Yah.
[ LJ | ASIP | Home ]

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

Anime Club shambles
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 02:45:36 PM »
Our club is all right, from an objective perspective. I personally think that it blows balls because the anime shown suck and the people that watch it suck, too.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

Anime Club shambles
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 03:08:18 PM »
I don't see much of an "all right" in there Tama XD

As for me, this AMGreviews forum thing sucks the big nut.

On the serious side, my school has never particularly had an anime club. A friend of mine tried too start one up, and we had decent turnout the first few meetings, but everything was so...gay. I think the best thing we watched was Chobits, because everyone I know is a fanboy/girl of shitty anime, like Vampire Hunter D and Fist of the North Star.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

Anime Club shambles
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 08:23:33 PM »
I said from an objective point of view, you fool!

Offline C0MPL3X

• :3

Anime Club shambles
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 10:21:47 PM »
how is it alright objectively if both the anime showing and the people watching it sucks real hard balls? Aren't those the essence of any anime club?

and yea, haven't been here for weeks and it's still a graveyard...hehe

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

Anime Club shambles
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 11:08:09 AM »
Umm... "objective" means without personal bias. So if I perceived the club from an outsider's perspective (which, if you didn't realize yet, is not me) it would seem all right. People watching anime, people liking it, some don't, and they're all generally happy. Now if I consider my subjective point of view, it sucks.

Maybe I should avoid basic vocabulary from now on and stick with "Good", "Bad", "Fun", and "Boring". 'Objective' is too much of a challenge for everyone, huh?

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

Anime Club shambles
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 12:47:21 PM »
From the outside, sucky anime = bad.

There's your objective.

Offline Cynical

• http://tsukasafiles.proboards27.com/

Anime Club shambles
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 08:36:07 PM »
I tried to start an anime comic club once. Not really..er....watching anime, cause I have the absolute superior taste and the members...liked ...? I don't even remember. Gundam. That was one of them.. And many people like Gundum, I know, but okay, getting off the subject. prolly 5 sucessful meetings before I quit and let them waste time by themselves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up