Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 16, 2017, 02:56:37 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UQ Holder (Mahou Sensei Negima 2)  (Read 75 times)

Online TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

UQ Holder (Mahou Sensei Negima 2)
« on: October 04, 2017, 11:44:32 PM »
1:

Boy, I was joking when I said this was Ken Akamatsu not wanting to actually stop doing Negima, but that was because I'd never read the manga and knew jack shit about it except that Evangeline was still in it.  No, this is actually a direct sequel, set 70 years or so in the future.  We even get to start out by seeing the old Negima cast while Evangeline monologues us into the new setting.  Also, get ready to buy them Blu-Rays, because COVER CHAMO IS ALL OVER THE ****ING PLACE!  Then again, I didn't realize how much, or forgot, how much Akamatsu loves his fanservice.  The only manga of his I've actually read is Love Hina, and I don't remember that actually showing Naru's ample ronin boobies.  Sure, everybody got the fanservice treatment, including the kids, but it never went that far.  Just titilating naughty bits, panties, lots of girls in towels... lots of towels, sometimes leaves, and so on and so forth.  That first bit of the episode was easily more skin than I've seen in an Akamatsu anime or manga.

I would normally say "I hope it holds up!"... but cover Chamo is everywhere.

Anyway... as if you needed more help knowing this is a Negima sequel, for some ****ing reason the intro song for this is Happy Material.  Yes, the same Happy Material that intro'd both the first Negima and was an insert song for the second Negima!? series.  I think the song is cute and fine and all, and while I love that Database continued to intro Log Horizon into two seasons, I think three anime is pushing the boundaries of what is acceptable for song usage.  Meh.

In any event, it is a Ken Akamatsu anime, which means you can expect a bevy of cute girls and probably a lot of main male characters getting punched.  This first episode is a lot more violent and dark than the usual Akamatsu fare, so we'll see where this one goes.  Seems he was done doing the happy go lucky harem and wants to do the more rugged one, or maybe he just wanted to draw Evangeline grown up with a huge rack and body physics that wont quit.  I don't care either way.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Online TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Re: UQ Holder (Mahou Sensei Negima 2)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 12:14:30 AM »
2:

Heh, they're teasing us with the gender of Kuromaru aren't they?  I mean, all the tropes are played out exactly as they should with the "he or she" nonsense, to the point where even Evangeline is now unsure and curious.  By the end, it seems they got so damned confused that they decided to take matters into their own hands and sneak a peak.  Whether they did or not is left to the audience, because if they know, they're going to be cheeky ****s about it and not tell us.

Got a nice ass on him regardless.  That thing was made for twerking.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.
Pages: [1]   Go Up