Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 23, 2017, 03:00:30 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Urahara  (Read 152 times)

Offline Zeitgeist

• DrunkenZeitgeist's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Urahara
« on: October 04, 2017, 07:30:17 PM »
1:

Honestly I really enjoyed it as a one-off. But I have verry lttle, if any, desire to continue beyond this episode. This was very disjointed and very much felt like a short; multiple separate shorts to be exact.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Re: Urahara
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 12:19:13 AM »
1:

My brain is full of **** right now.

This was weird (in a good way), with bizarre animation styles (in a good way), and with an utterly confusing series of events (in a good way).  I don't know what to make of it, I just don't.  It is so bizarre.  There isn't a single thing to this that feels like something I should have been expecting or normal.  I mean, yeah inevitably it is a magical girl plot against alien invaders, but once you realize there is only a bi-frame animated talking fried shrimp involved, you just don't have room in the noggin to care anymore.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Pebble

• Formerly a filthy Kokonoe user
    • Pebble-Runover's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 03:36:11 PM »
1:

So this is what it would have been like if Flip Flappers met Macross' deculture concept, and was completely tone deaf.

And now that I compare this to flip flappers ... this is actually quite bad tbh.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 09:12:07 PM »
1:

Oh god no.

Yeah, I get a lot of Flip Flappers vibe too, but there are some big differences. The art and animation, though unconventional and psychedelic, comes off more as crude. Characters don't even talk to each other like real people; they seem to be more interested in making wisecracks and theatrical claims (except for the main character; only she talks normal). Story-wise, it's just Harajuku-set mahou shoujo with a dash of sugar, spice and everything nice.

I'm not feeling this show. In fact, I find it rather annoying to watch. I guess it's a hit-or-miss kind, and it's a miss for me. Dropping this one.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 09:11:49 PM »
2:

It's just so weiiiird.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.
Pages: [1]   Go Up