Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 14, 2017, 12:09:05 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Konohana Kitan  (Read 473 times)

Offline Zeitgeist

• DrunkenZeitgeist's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Konohana Kitan
« on: October 04, 2017, 06:03:21 PM »
1:

OMG it is gorgeous. Even when the visuls inevitably go to shit, it will have been worth it.

Youkai elements aside, pretty standard CGDT. Though there is that looming "Shoujo AI" tag.

Yuzu's got that Hinako Note nervous derp face goin on.
Up. Drug use

Not much diversity in the youkai. They have all been canind based. Does this hotel exclusively employ fox youkai?

Solid opener. Will I manage to finish it? Hard to say.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Re: Konohana Kitan
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 12:55:22 AM »
1:

Yep, it's Hanasaku Iroha with yokai, though a lot less dramatic than the PA Works show was, probably.  Hell of a lot of cute girls working and not much else.  Having worked in the hotel industry, the derivations that are involved with a ryoukan are both fascinating and troubling to me.  Fascinating in their differences, troubling in that the differences require a shit ton of work for little to no extra reward except pride.  I suppose when someone is traveling and looking for a specific type of resort or style, it makes sense, but I do wonder how much it would cost to stay at one of those places.  In traditional ryoukan style, even ignoring the outdoor baths or onsen they may have attached, there's the preparation of rather high quality foods and being delivered to the rooms as part of standard features.  I think you have to pay extra for them, but still, very few hotels do things like this.  They usually have on site restaurants with room service, but not like this.  This is one of those places you go when you want a unique experience of customer service.  I'm not sure I could tolerate having to do what they do for longer than a few days, and... again... I have worked extensively in hotels.

Rant over, the show itself is just adorable, but slow.  ****ing slow.  When they cut away to the mid point, I could swear a whole episode had already passed and was moving my mouse to the "close" button.  I'm not really a huge fan of iyashikei anime, because what comes with the "healing" is a lot of boring as ****.  This isn't always true.  Sometimes there is enough comedy or enough interesting elements to a character of the week format that can make it still enjoyable despite the relative low stress of having to watch it.  And, who knows, Juuni Taisen and UQ Holder keep up the levels of intense action / violence, I might need this one just to cool down with.

Anyway, it's adorable.  That's it.  Don't expect much.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 01:47:55 AM »
1:

Hanasaku Iroha, meet Zootopia. And moeblobs.

Though like how TIF mentioned, I doubt this show will be deeper than HanaIro (that show was surprisingly deep as it went along). It's basically your feel-good show of the season; only had it been produced by KyoAni or at least PA Works, it would've been the perfect token slice-of-life moe of the season. But I gotta give it to Lerche; the show's pretty AF. Had I not looked at the credits, I would think it was produced by PA Works.

KonoKita is the best remedy for a show like Ousama Game, in every single way. Gonna need it for this season.

Offline SQA

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 03:29:51 AM »
It's Japan. When in doubt, add moeblobs!

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 09:21:59 PM »
2:

You know, I don't really have any issues with this show. Basically it is what it is. But the problem is, the characters are all so archetypal that they essentially influence how the story goes.

Satsuki: uptight, overly-serious, workaholic, standoffish, means well but doesn't seem so on the surface, has a few hidden landmines. Yuzu: everything that Satsuki is not. Result: odd couple who help fill in the gaps in each other and eventually become the bestest of friends. Kiri: the 'big sister' figure, seems laid-back but knows the answers to important questions, may have a hidden agenda or two. Ren: two-faced but not in a harmful way. Like Satsuki, means well but doesn't come off as so, anal in some ways. Natsume: the easygoing kid who just tries to get along with everyone. Sakura: the 'quiet one', no one knows her unless you spend some time with her, may know a few things others don't but her closet behavior prevents her from opening up to others.

Yeah, the whole cast is a collection of formulae seen and done to death. So, every episode is going to be dedicated to a character or two, and their personalities will be fleshed out and probably changed for the better.

How many times have we seen this already? But like I said, it is what it is.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 05:56:27 AM »
3:

Guest moeblob... trap. And then yuri undertones.

Damn, I almost couldn't handle this episode.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 09:04:30 AM »
Now they getting cursed dolls? I guess they could take in Chucky as well

Offline Gadget

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 07:37:16 AM »
Happy Japanese Halloween?

Offline Gadget

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 07:27:28 AM »
Weird ending. I wonder how my pet hamster is like when she dreams her way to Konohana Kitan.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 05:46:02 PM »
7-8:

Hmm, story for episode 8 was told a little awkwardly. I can clearly tell what kind of story (and curveball) they're trying to pull off, but it feels more "huh?" than "that's ingenious".

Offline Gadget

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 08:13:01 AM »
Yull sure Spongbob din bleww all thises bubbles?
Pages: [1]   Go Up