Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 17, 2017, 10:27:40 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Infini-T Force  (Read 74 times)

Offline Gadget

Infini-T Force
« on: October 05, 2017, 05:59:34 AM »
Looks like another  70's series got a reunion. This must be the dream of the baby boomers that grew up watching all these 70s hero/sentai (well, only Gatchman was sentai) have a gathering co-op.

Visual
3D CGI. At least it not the crappy stuff from Berserk. And it's not Polygon's 2D type CGI. Like most CGI, it's great for action an special effects. The fight looks even better. I really like the way Casshan jumps. But it's not so good when it comes to characters expression. Unless there is  movie like budget and schedule, doing expression is usually a dud. And to cut cost, the movement program are usually reuse. Thus the different will walk or swagger in the same way.

Story
I don't think it's reverse harem. Casshan is a robot, and Ken is too dumb/old be a boyfriend. Most likely it would be Polimar. Good play on Ken's out of place, out of time, to show he's an old guy. You got your mysterious enemy. But the whole set up is pretty typical of the good vs evil set up. At least it's a straight up fight. Not like the metaphysical/political/philosophical story from Gatachman Crowds. The producers are tampering with some of the iconic 70 anime stuff. I'm sure they will threat the franchise well. I don't think it will be bad, but will it be good?

What's next?
Yetterman? We got that. Time Boken, we go that too. Robotech (Mospeda and Southern Cross arc). Not likely due to legal problems with Harmony Gold. Devilman and Cyborg009, there was a OVA. Maybe Guyver (not the TV remake)Gundam. The 'Original' OVA series is still on going.
Pages: [1]   Go Up