Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

January 21, 2018, 05:39:05 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken  (Read 481 times)

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken
« on: October 12, 2017, 01:43:51 AM »
1:

Well... it's trash, so that's a plus.  I dig the crap out of the scene transitions.  Um.

There isn't much here.  As people have pointed out this is supposed to be a lot like shows of the Seitokai Yakuindomo ilk, where everybody is perverted, dirty jokes are thrown out without provocation or setup, and the gap moe and shock value is supposed to be the lynchpin.  Well, it does all that.  I think it has a bit more heart than Seitokai Yakuindomo, insofar as it wants to actually give this couple a chance to be a couple, with some honest moments between them.  Beyond that, though, it is just a sex joke gag show, and everybody but the main male character is in on it.  He's the tsukkomi to everybody else's dick jokin' bokke.  At least it gives us actual fanservice, though.  It wasn't censored, or at least the version I watched wasn't, so that's a plus.  Not that there is much here, just fanservice, no major sex or nudity.

I'm a little... no quite a lot... disappointed in diomedia's production values, though.  They're usually top notch, and here they are definitely not doing their A-game.  They're partnered with another studio, so maybe I can blame them for this, but whatever the reason, it isn't good, and we're on episode one.  I can't imagine things will improve from here.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

Re: Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 06:25:39 AM »
1:

Oh crap.

Yeah, this is Seitokai Yakuindomo: the show that tries hard to be sexual in order to be funny (except it's not). Worse, it's put in the style of four panels so every dialogue is going to be a gag waiting to happen. Where's the fun in expecting a gag to arrive, and what's the fun with every sexual joke being rammed down our throats.

Not enough crap? Well, let's make it a harem setup too. Dude's attention is only going to be on horny-but-not-horny kuudere girl but every girl is going to be swarming around him because he's the only guy in the show.

The show's pretty at least, but no. I had qualms approaching this show because of its long title (statistically, such long-titled shows tend to be shitty). Indeed it is.

Nope, not following.

P.S. Someone on Anime Planet apparently compared this to B Gata H Kei. I wanna strangle this person.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 08:18:23 PM »
P.S. Someone on Anime Planet apparently compared this to B Gata H Kei. I wanna strangle this person.

That makes two of us.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 11:41:17 AM »
2:

So... there appears to be an attempt here by the original author to want to have some cake and eat it, too.  All the girls herein depicted thus far are capable of spouting off vulgar nonsense in the SYD fashion when it suits them, but when pushed into an actual situation with romance, or sexual situation, or even their place in the world, they fall to pieces.  Kosaka can't handle actually being that close to Haruka physically or intimately;  Shizuku just about has a cow and faints when she thinks Haruka is actually going to let her interact with his "banana"; Kanata is doing the loving little sister schtick, but turns into a quivering mess when her place in "onii-chan's" life is threatened by a real girlfriend.

I guess this is supposed to be charming?  It sort of does set it apart from SYD, though the situations where the girls were challenged there never came up (and I am 99% sure the teacher would go through with it, so nobody dared), but why do we have this nonsense?  The Gap, I guess?

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 01:00:05 PM »
3:

Oh okay, that makes sense.  She gets this all from mom, and dad is just like Haruka.  Freud has been satisfied this day.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 12:14:39 AM »
4:

Oh good, a new character or two, so we can do the same jokes we did before all over again and they'll feel fresh!

/sigh
Pages: [1]   Go Up