Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 22, 2017, 02:51:49 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Himouto! Umaru-chan  (Read 7838 times)

Offline Marid King

• komosha's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Re: Himouto! Umaru-chan
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2015, 02:10:37 PM »
12:

I was literally screaming my head of at Bomber.

Show was a riot, it had heart, it had skill in spades, copious creativity, deep attention to detail, interconnected events, and enormously fun characters. This was the most enjoyable anime I saw this season.

I'll just make one note, TIF said that Umaru's only redeeming quality is that she loves her brother. Even if that's true, I must stress that it isn't your typical shallow/incest/puppy love. It's genuine and heartfelt love, and I think that managing to portray that is something which deserves respect. 

8/10
The only denizen of the Other Place posting on the Nihon Review.

Offline Mayucchi

• まつかぜ
    • MayuzumiYukie's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Steam Community :: mayuzumiyukie
    • @Mayucchi_Yukie
    • Sora to Sekai

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2017, 12:20:40 AM »
Himouto! Umaru-chan R is here, and it's glorious.

1:

This season is going to be a wonderful sequel to the original.

I think it's really interesting that if we just watched the first episode of the first season, it would be easy to dismiss this show as merely a one-trick pony relying on the same gag and punchlines. Over the span of 12 episodes, we've started to see a glimpse of the hearts of these endearing characters. Now with the first episode of the second season, they've already tipped the scales in the other direction from comedy to healing.

I think the key is how human the characters are.

And I hope we see more and more of this in the upcoming episodes. The manga at this point is pretty much on the same tier as Yotsuba&! in the healing department, and there's no doubt that's the same direction the anime is also going.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2017, 08:38:42 PM »
S2E1-2:

Why the hell am I watching this.  Oh, right, familiarity.

Also, I adore Sylphyn.  Her honest enthusiasm to everything is endearing, though she is the kind of person I might find annoying in real life.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2017, 01:10:30 AM »
It's detox after watching Imouto sae Ireba Ii.

Offline Major Tom

• PYON!
    • MajorTom's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2017, 06:16:04 AM »
I'm following this because I find it amusing enough to get a laugh or 2 out of it (there really is nothing like a good ear scratching), but I also don't get the appeal of Umaru. She's just a little too perfect, a little too bratty, and her friends are just dumb enough that there's no real danger of her 'double life' being exposed. To me, that's why there isn't any real drive to the comedy, there's just Umaru does wacky things and nii-san gets cranky. Still, there's just enough there to keep me amused.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up