Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 12, 2017, 05:26:22 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fall 2017 Anime Season  (Read 410 times)

Offline HuuskerDu

• Cat-a-tonic

Fall 2017 Anime Season
« on: September 29, 2017, 02:26:24 AM »
anichart.net/fall-2017

The shows that caught my eye include the following:

Mahoutsukai no Yome (The Ancient Magus Bride) (Wit Studio): The prequel and the manga are both good.

Inuyashiki (MAPPA): I've been waiting for this one for a while. The manga is good.

Konohana Kitan (Lerche): From the synopsis it sounds like Spirited Away but with fox girls as the hotel employees instead of humans (?)

ClassicaLoid 2 (Sunrise): More crazy classical music antics with Richard Wagner and Antonin Dvořák joining the cast (the latter apparently as a hippopotamus).   This is my comfort-food show.

Houseki no Kuni (Orange): This looks interesting just for the weirdness of the synopsis if nothing else.

Borderline:

Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau (JC Staff): Looks rather similar to SukaSuka. Maybe this will be better?

Net-juu no Susume (Signal.MD): Mild interest because the NEET escaping reality by playing an MMORPG is an older woman in her 30s.

Just Because! (PINE JAM): HS SOL possibly with a new twist (?).

Ousama Game The Animation (Seven): Future Diary crossed with the King Game (?)

Code:Realize - Sousei no Himegimi (Guardian of Rebirth) (MSC): Based on a multi-route VN. I love romance animes but I've become leery of VN adaptations.

Skipping:

Himouto! Umaru-chan R (Doga Kobo): Didn't like the original. YMMV.

Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shoujo Bitch na Ken: I skimmed the manga on Crunchyroll, and it appears to be...

Spoiler for Shoujo Bitch:
... a one-note joke like Sakamoto desu ga that just gets repeated endlessly.
HuuskerDu at FanFiction.net.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Re: Fall 2017 Anime Season
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 01:19:19 PM »
Let's see here:

3-Gatsu no Lion - Not even a question in my book, watching.
Anime-Gataris - Oh boy, the nerd club fighting for its life against the evil student council.  You won't see anything new or interesting he...

"and they ignore the impending end of the world,"

Buh?
Black Clover - Well, at least it is a straight fantasy setting instead of another ****ing isekai romp.
Blend S - Ugh.
Boku no Kanojo and something about a Bitch - So, Hajimete no Gal without the Gals.  Got it.
ClassicaLoid 2 - Never watched ClassicaLoid 1, so nope.
Code:Realize - Sousei no Himegimi - ALL RIGHT!  THE NEW CODE: GEASS IS HERE!  WOO HOO!  JIBUN WOOOO... what?  It's not?  Hm.. Arsene Lupin, but it isn't Lupin the Third either?  What is it with anime being completely unable to generate their own unique characters at times?  Yes, I know Arsene Lupin was a French story character, that's MY ****ING POINT.
Dies Irae - Oh you can't start off a good show without having a Nazi paranormal ritual, right?
Dynamic Chord - Pointless fanservice for only a niche audience.  Nope.
Garo - Vanishing Line - Wait, we're getting more of this?  Hopefully the CG is better this time.
Himouto! Umaru-chan R - I totally did not like Umaru-chan, but since I already know what the hell is going on, I'll probably watch this.  Familiarity is a bitch sometimes.
Houzuki no Reitetsu 2 - I didn't watch Houzuki no Reitetsu 1.  Well, I saw one episode, wasn't my bag.
Houseki no Kuni - Steven Universe.  Anybody want to take a $10 bet the "moon people" invading are humans?  Anybody?  No?  Too obvious?
Imouto sae Ireba Ii - Smells like Eromanga Sensei.  Anybody want to guess what Chihiro's secret is before the show begins?  $10 bet?  Anybody?  No?  Too obvious?
infini-T-Force - Holy cow.  Prepare for a Tatsunoko Productions super mega crossover nostalgia bomb.
Inuyashiki - Hm, an "old soul" anime story perhaps, though more literal?
Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10cm datta - Looks like your shoujo stuff or the season.  I wonder how much rape / blackmail there will be?
Just Because! - Original works always get me hard.  I wonder, though, if this is just Orange without the future timeskip bullshit.
Juuni Taisen - Hm, haven't seen Zettai Shougeki: Platonic Heart (Master of Martial Hearts to some of you folks) in a while.
Kekkai Sensen & Beyond - I really should get around to watching Kekkai Sensen one of these days.
Kino no Tabi 2 - Never saw Kino no Tabi, but I wonder if I can watch this without having seen the original.
Konohana Kitan - Sounds like Elegant Yokai Life, which I am already watching.
Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau - Again, at least it is straight fantasy rather than isekai bullshit.
Love Live! Sunshine 2 - I loved Love Live!, I dropped Sunshine halfway through.  I'm not doing this again.
Mahoutsukai no Yome (The Ancient Magus' Bride) - Loved the shit out of the 3 part OAV, so yes yes yes yes yes.
Net-juu no Susume - Net-Jew?  Oy vey.  This sounds idiotic.  I wonder how long it will take them to realize that, HEY, they're the same people that play together in the game!  Ahh?  Ahh?
Osomatsu-san 2 - You couldn't pry my ass away from more Osomatsu-san with a backhoe tractor.
Ousama Game - Mixed messages I have heard about the source material.
Robomasters - Battle Bots!
Sengoku Night Blood - I smell yaoi.
Shokugeki no Souma - By this point, if I haven't completely told Shokugeki no Souma to **** off, I'm not going to.
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou - This sounds depressing as hell.  /popcorn
Idolm@ster With Dudes - Stoppit.  Just stoppit.
Time Bokan - There have been a steady stream of old shows that have been brought back with new forms lately.  Most of them suck, or are based off shows I never watched, or both.
Tsukipro - The **** is with these kinds of ****ing shows, man?
Two Car - Original work!  About side car motorcycle racing?  Hooo-kay.
UQ Holder - Otherwise known as "Ken Akamatsu really didn't want to quit doing Negima".
Urahara - Original, and that sounds silly and I couldn't be more hard.
Wake Up, Girls! Shin Sou - Yamakan, seriously bro, it's time to give up.
Yuuki Yuuna no Yuusha de Aru: Yuusha no Shou - Whoa what?  They think they can make a sequel to that highly entertaining barn burner from a few years ago?  I'm game.

And now the important stuff:  The shorties!

Ame-con!! - Two exclamation points mean it is extra exciting!(!)
Cinderella Girls second thingy - More Idolm@ster goodness!  I mean crap!  I mean goodness!
Dia Horizon - Multimedia project!  Ha ha!  Square Enix!
Love Kome 2 - If you didn't love that uncooked rice before, you will now!  Maybe!
Omiai Atte something something - Fiancee'd people in shorts!  Short form anime that is, not like khakis!  Maybe khakis!  I don't know!
Oretacha Youkai Ningen - It celebrates the 50th anniversary of something I have never heard of!
Osake wa fuufu ni Natte Kara - ALCOHOLICS!  AWESOME!
Pingu in the City - As opposed to Babe 2: Pig in the City, which was ****ing awful.
Taishou Chicchai-san - boys love game!?  Holy noooo!
Dance with Devils - otome game with rape?  Holy nooooo!
DC Super Heroes vs. Taka no Tsume Dan - What the ****?!
Donten ni Warau Gaiden 2 - Laughing Under the Clouds gets a shortie sequel?  Boooo!
Donten ni Warau Gaiden... wait didn't I do this one oh it is a different one! They got two!  Still booooo!
F/SN Heaven's Feel Movie Tie in bullshit - GO SEE THE ****ING MOVIE!

Oh wait those last five WERE movies!  Whoops!  Wait, that DC Heroes thing is a ****ing movie?!  What the balls!?
I'm just like you, only smarter™.

Offline Pebble

• Formerly a filthy Kokonoe user
    • Pebble-Runover's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 07:47:06 AM »
Vanishing Line has a really sexy teaser PV.

Probably watching that, Kujira no Kora and SHEEEEEEEEE!

Offline The Big Guy

• Peasant-Chan

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 12:48:48 AM »
Kino no Tabi 2 - Never saw Kino no Tabi, but I wonder if I can watch this without having seen the original.

My understanding is that it is a remake that adapts a variety of material from the first season and from later volumes of the series. It's quite similar to Mushi-shi in many respects, so you don't need to watch the first season to watch this one. You probably should though, because the first season was great if I recall. I think I first watched it in 2010, so I actually bought the first season last week during one of Sentai's sales to rewatch it in anticipation of the premiere. We'll see how it goes.

Mahoutsukai no Yome (The Ancient Magus' Bride) - Loved the shit out of the 3 part OAV, so yes yes yes yes yes.

I saw the first three episodes of the show at a Crunchyroll event thing in August at my local theatre, and they were fantastic. I can't believe I have to wait three more weeks before I get to see new material, but I'm still hype.

Yuuki Yuuna no Yuusha de Aru: Yuusha no Shou - Whoa what?  They think they can make a sequel to that highly entertaining barn burner from a few years ago?  I'm game.

The first 6 episodes are going to be a prequel, which makes me slightly less hype. And how does it all relate to those movies that came out this year?

Boku no Kanojo and something about a Bitch - So, Hajimete no Gal without the Gals.  Got it.

The manga is a 4 koma gag thing with dirty jokes, so think Setokai Yakuindomo more than Hajimete no Gal.
I'm so awesome, I have my own TV Tropes page:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheBigGuy.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 06:54:42 AM »
Not wanting to open a new thread. Gintama 2017. What the heck is the 'Slip Arc'? The original story is ending soon. And in the last 30 episodes, things got really serious. Is this an 'arc between arcs'? So is this back to the more comedy form of Gintama. Or is this riding on the success of the live movie.

Offline gedata

• gedata's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @https://twitter.com/G3data

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 02:20:34 PM »
You sure as hell can I bet but I wouldn't recommend it. Mainly because Kino no Tabi is just good, and being able to see more of it is gooder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up