Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 21, 2017, 12:39:56 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Gamers!  (Read 902 times)

Offline Zeitgeist

• DrunkenZeitgeist's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Re: Gamers!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 09:49:00 AM »
10:

Aguri's outfit in the first scene was ****ing incredible.
She is my favorite.

The phone call was brilliant

Tendou still sucks. Her obsession was actually annoying this episode. She just assumed that since she and Keita are dating they would naturally spend all of their time together. She is upset that Keita prioritized a single day for the purchasing of a game as though they already had, or were potentially making, plans to be together that day. Bitch is crazy. Then there is the context of her bullshit while Chiaki is present.

Aguri's scene with her middle school "friend" was strange. It was so half-hearted. It seemingly wanted to be like the similar scene from Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou(and the countless other examples) but lacked any impact since Aguri doesn't make herself and her relation to Keita clear. Her argument with the girl in the street was just painful. It was like nether grasp that their exists a relationship-state between stranger and significant other known as "friend." Never during this odd conversation dd Aguri just say "Amanocchi is my friend." She is instead flustered at the accusation that she ought not give a **** about some dude if he isn't her boyfriend. But Aguri isn't exactly the brightest and if the whole cast didn;t consist of absolute retards we wouldn't be here in the first place. It is just that the retardation works for some scenes and not others. This scene seemingly called for a more tactful and genuine response and having lacked such it fell flat.

And so it continues. The episode ended on a strong note.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 01:01:28 PM »
11:

Aguri once again bringing some next level fashion sense. It is the hats. She looks adorable in hats. More anime girls need hats.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 10:08:20 AM »
I think it finished at 11. All the misunderstanding have been clear up. They just need to make it 12 episode. I'm not a Xbox or PS player. So I'm not sure what's all the DLC is. But some gaming justification shit.

Overall
After a warm start, it peak mid way, and it could not climb back to that 'over thinking' ending. It was fun. But I wished it has a bigger bang ending rather than a discussion on gaming value. I really would like to like it, but the last few episode was rather luke warm. I'm hovering either a 7.5 or 8. Any other opinion?

Offline nekorosu

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2017, 01:23:30 PM »
After a warm start, it peak mid way, and it could not climb back to that 'over thinking' ending. It was fun. But I wished it has a bigger bang ending rather than a discussion on gaming value. I really would like to like it, but the last few episode was rather luke warm. I'm hovering either a 7.5 or 8. Any other opinion?

I'm feeling the same way about this.
7/10 for me and that's pretty good anyway.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2017, 11:47:34 AM »
12:

Aguri is the best girl since Niko of Kiznaiver. I'm going to miss her.

Awe. I liked it when only Whatsherface was sexualized. It was a point of charm for the series.

Why are all the shows I enjoyed this season ending on such weak episodes? Stop souring not only my perception of the individual shows but the season as a whole.
7/10
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up