Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 14, 2017, 07:58:57 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Konbini Kareshi  (Read 488 times)

Offline Zeitgeist

• DrunkenZeitgeist's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Konbini Kareshi
« on: July 06, 2017, 11:14:23 PM »
1:

When was the last time I heard Rie Kugimiya not voicing some mascot or throwaway character? Nice to hear her as an actual character.
I'm excited for that short girl's arc.
Are these shows(Nijiiro Days, Kimi to Boku(?)) like the less retarded versions of Amagami and Seiren? Regardless, I'm down for a few short and brisk rom-com scenarios.

Is this show promoting a particular convenience store/chain?

Side note: I have had far too much time on my hands these past few days.

Offline samui

• The Fudanshi Scholar
    • samui26's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @samuiyoru07

Re: Konbini Kareshi
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 05:34:32 AM »
1:

Watching a paint dry is much better than this. Seriously.
I am not sure if good animes are getting fewer these days or my taste has gone numb because most of what I watch recently look the same.

Oh, another shameless plug. Here's my blog: http://samui26.wordpress.com

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 05:08:21 PM »
2:

His feelings are predicated on a single interaction shared between children 10 years ago? And she didn't even know his name. Alpha as ****

So Towa is overly expressive/affectionate as a means of coping with his lack of overt familial affection. But, are his feelings for this girl merely displacing the yearning he has for his mother? This show gonna get genuinely human?

We've got many a couple to burn through and an extremely limited runtime.

Still like it.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 08:42:53 PM »
3:

I really enjoy the meandering/lingering shots.

Episode was clunky as hell. The show can do respectable standalone scenes but the transitions and scene-to-scene are terrible.

The simplicity of the series along with its endearing soundtrack makes for such a pleasant experience but for God's sake somebody make a move. Stop introducing couples who, like the main two, are on the cusp of establishing an official relationship. Establishing a status quo so characters can drag their feet and cock-block themselves is a bit much.

I love Mashiki's voice. Shame her seiyuu has been in ****-all.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 05:08:08 PM »
4:

They finally bothered(we'll generously say) to include the convenience store employees

Wasn't there an implied omnibus format? Although, I do enjoy how some of the relationships are just coalescencing in the background.

Pedestrian as ****, but highly enjoyably

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 12:52:35 PM »
6-9:

The Honda/Kugimiya relationship actually has depth. I was not expecting any payoff for having watched this series
There hasn't been anything so immediately relatable since Ocean Waves.
I'm glad I caught up.

Show remains ugly as sin. But I've never given a **** about animation or on-model art. But seriously, the off-model designs go beyond acceptable almost every scene

What's next?
This pair gas been the main focus. How we gonna spend the next 3-4 episodes?

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 09:36:08 AM »
10:

Some impressive lack of anything this episode.

11:

What an inane and unnecesary plot-twist. Seems Mashiki is actually the identical twin sister of the girl Haruki has had a crush on. That sister having long since died from w/e ailment currenty affects Mashiki.
Why?
the twist was also completely inconsequential. Main Dude immediately sorts his feelings coming to the conclusion that while his memories of Dead Twin served as the catalyst the love he currently feels s he result of his interaction with Sick Twin.
Why?

And I'm sure glad we are seeing this from the perspective of the ignorant thrid party who got no personality. It ain't like the girl who fell n love with her dead sister's husband-to-be while also dying could provide a more interesting story.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:44:09 AM by Zeitgeist »

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 06:16:30 PM »
12:

Hilarous.
In an atepmt to cultivate emotion(read: depth) they forcefully implemented a dead girl and immediately made said girl completely irrelevant. Truly this generations Clannad(I am only partially memeing as Clannad is genuinely a waste of time).
If you're going to force a weak body trope just have the balls to kills the character.

I dont understand what happened with this show. It blatantly, the OP + various early scenes, was meant to be about 6-odd couples but somehow had Jun Maeda levels of poor storyboarding and wound up 70% about one couple and 30% about another. 0% the other 4. How does that even happen? This series also had new levels of off-model character art and lazy animation.

OP was ****ing great regardless.
Soundtrack had a few standouts as well.

3/10
I miss Rie Kugimiya playing characters

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 06:21:50 PM by Zeitgeist »
Pages: [1]   Go Up