Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 11, 2017, 02:12:40 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hajimete no Gal  (Read 800 times)

Offline Gadget

Re: Hajimete no Gal
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 12:55:58 AM »
Final:

Most predictable ending ever.

I

Agree. I was hoping there will be a new spin on the gal stories. I think they been stereo type enough. But it just carry on. My feeling is that the studio just gave up and end it after episode 8.

A 4.5. The extra .5 cause i was intrigue by the beginning. It's not bad bad. It's just boring an predictable bad. 

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Re: Hajimete no Gal
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 01:14:03 PM »
FINAL:

Utter trash.

I was just starting to like some of these characters.  It took this long because they're mostly insufferable gits and the plot forces us to accept all this bullshit happening without any attempt at trying to make it believable.  It just is and there's nothing you can do about it, so you either watch it and are annoyed at the situation and the sheer banality of it or don't. I'm a glutton for punishment, so I watched it.

And it's crap.  I get that we're always going to be subjected to pathetic losers getting hot chicks revolving around them because that's just how anime is flowing these days.  That's what the audience wants, and that's what they're going to get, whether I like it or not.  I am not the target audience, so the best I can do is try to find things worth watching this for.  I think the most insulting thing is that they just straight out transferred the male cast from Prison School right into this show and gave us Gals instead of raging she demon ****s.

Gal culture doesn't do anything for me.  By that I mean I don't care about it.  Moreover, there's literally no point to any of these female characters being "Gals" except that's just the thing here.  It starts the plot going because Gals are perceived as "easy sluts" so that even a loser like Junichi can get a girl.  Yeah, that is what this is based on.  Disgusting way to start a show, and yet, it is probably the most realistic high school thing I've ever seen.  When a high school girl is perceived as a slut, yeah she's going to get a lot of sudden attention by hormonal teenagers who want to lose their virginity.  This is how it was when I was in high school, and I imagine it hasn't changed much now.  And, usually like real 'perceived sluts', Yukana turns out to not be anything but a pure and innocent maiden, because a lot of the time perception is bullshit and reality is a lot more vague.  I'm actually fine with this part of things.  Like I said, it is realistic, and there's a possible story of personal discovery to be made.  And I'm still waiting for it.  Oh wait, the show is over.

What is the point of Yukana being a gal otherwise?  What is the point of Ranko being a gal?  What is the point of Yui being a gal?  What was the point of Nene becoming one?  There was zero... ZERO exploration of gal culture, gal fashion, or what the appeal is.  They just are.  Nene is understandable because she thinks that it will get Junichi's attention because his current girlfriend is a gal.  Okay, but why is Yui a part time gal on a video site?  Ranko and Yukana may have done this together, but based on their past, it wasn't a goal.  It just kind of happened.  There's no explanation for any of this.  There is no REASON for any of this, except that the author wanted his female characters to be gals.  Why?  I don't ****ing know.  Fetishist bullshit?  Trying to create that artificial gap between pure and innocent and slut?  If it becomes hollow, then whatever point that existed is likewise as hollow.

Furthermore, who is the hero or heroine here?  Junichi?  Okay, he's pretty much the same jackass at the end as he was at the beginning, with the only difference being "omigod" he actually does love Yukana and doesn't want to get NTR'd.  I'm not sure what's so heroic about him.  What does he have to go through this entire series?  The conflict is resolved in episode one.  The conflict was getting Yukana to go out with him.  After that it was just a series of cliche'd situations every harem lead goes through without any struggle or resolution.  The last second plot slapped on there about the middle school playboy isn't a conflict, it is Junichi being a ****ing moron.

Is it Yukana?  What the hell does she do throughout the series?  We don't get to see her point of view on anything so we don't know what kinds of struggles she's going through.  Hell, it doesn't look like anything bothers her through the entire series, even though we know that isn't true.  Every "competitor" that shows up she more or less shrugs off, except for Ranko who Yukana is more jealous of being not included in whatever bullshit Ranko is trying to do to Junichi.  She is the most sympathetic character because she's in a situation that would boggle most of us, and that stuff at the end where Junichi is acting the ass easily makes her the heroine in that bullshit, but otherwise?

I mean, you tell me.  These people are of only a single dimension, hollow, shallow, and utterly lifeless.  They become likeable only because they're the heroes at the end there, otherwise I wouldn't give two shits about any of this.  Like I said, if they at least explored something about gal culture, we'd have at least a little bit to go on here with some meat.  I'm not suggesting turning this into an info dump on gal culture, but just a bit here and there might have been nice.  Y'know, letting the characters GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER or something.

Meh.  At least Yukane is hot.

2/10.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up