Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 22, 2017, 02:59:51 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Princess Principal  (Read 825 times)

Offline Gadget

Re: Princess Principal
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 08:37:44 PM »
It's a soup up version of Mark Twain's Prince and the Pauper set in a Steampunk background. I be if Princess (the real Ange) becomes the queen, she'll switch places back with Ange, the real Princess.

As a spy story, I think the last 2 episodes open themselves to exposure by the Department of Homeland Security. So it's not hard core spy action. It's cute girls doing cute spy things.

Offline Gadget

Re: Princess Principal
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 05:48:30 AM »
Final thoughts

I feel let down after the first episode. The story is all over the place. And after the good story in the first episode, the rest was run of the mill cute spies doing cute stuff. It lost the excitement of a good spy thriller.

Although Ange was the MC, there is nothing about her that I can like. It's not that I don't like her, she's a blank. Even droids like R2D2 or C3PO got more character. Although she has a 'wall' around her heart and she has a 'bland' character, but her team can reflect on this and indirectly built her character. But the writers choose to take a short cut and make her bland.

But production was top notch. Bandai Visual money? It did create a steam punk feel. Not as good as  Project Itoh's The Empire of Corpses. I was hoping the see the Barbbage mechanical computer or Tesla's ray gun. The only thing that is stem punk are the airships.

Beside the production, everything else was flat. 6.5 for me.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up