Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 24, 2017, 02:30:27 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ballroom e Youkoso  (Read 378 times)

Offline Zeitgeist

• DrunkenZeitgeist's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Ballroom e Youkoso
« on: July 09, 2017, 09:04:23 PM »
1:

Shimizu Kiyoko(minus the beauty mark and personality...which are arguably what made her so captivating...whatever) voiced by Sakura Ayane(Merry, Kaisei, Nao) is all I need.

Yuri on Ice may have spoiled me. That cast were already performers so there was no delay in seeing lovely performances. Although, like a mentioned with Dive!!, they didn't really show the performance which served as the inspiration for the MC to pursue his current goal. If you don't break out the animation for such a scene, especially episode one, can I expect lengthy, well choreographed, and well animated dance sequences? Cause I want them.

This looks to be a 24 episode series I can actually follow.

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

Re: Ballroom e Youkoso
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 12:58:34 PM »
1. Not usually into sports genre but this hits me close to heart...(cause i do dancing myself)  so i will be super biased on this one probably and say that.... i loved it. Especially the moment Tatara is watching through the footage on the TV.

Offline Zeitgeist

• DrunkenZeitgeist's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 04:35:25 PM »
2:

Catchin' fire.
Brilliant.

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 03:38:19 AM »
2. I love it. Its on and im gonna be super biased. Love that finally dancing has been put on the sports anime list AAAAAAND because it's a couples dance i feel it's not pandering to hmm... fan-fiction type of viewers.

Offline gotarist

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 10:54:34 AM »
1-2: Maybe I've just been spoiled by Yuri on Ice, but as much as I'm liking this show I need it to deliver on some long take dance sequences soon or I'm going to, I dunno, enjoy it a bit less.

Offline hyperknees91

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 10:54:21 AM »
1-2:

Probably being a bit unfair to this show, but everything about it reminds me of Ippo if the characters were a little bit less uh...kind I guess (maybe innocent is the better word). But yeah its pretty standard sports fair, just with ballroom dancing instead. I guess to me it just feels all too familiar at this point. Not bad of course, though the necks really really make it hard to take the show seriously for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up