Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 18, 2017, 06:56:15 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Made in Abyss  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

Re: Made in Abyss
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 12:51:42 PM »

Nothing deep to post here. I just loved the inverted forest.

And also the fact it is exploring all the more mature visuals without being.... edgy? I dunno how to explain it but all the gruesome things feel natural and not just to make the possible shock effect. I also might just being overly positive idiot over everything in this show due to the fact that ive been needing an proper AAAAADVENTUUUUUUUREanime HOOOOOOOO~

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 11:40:16 PM »
5, 6:

Another interesting thing is the inverted forest and how the waterfall is flowing upwards. It could be because of updraft, but if it continues to flow upwards, then it's clearly because of reverse gravitation. But if that's the case, then why does it apply exclusively for the waterfall and not for everything else?

And Riko's character is a little quirky. She's hopelessly optimistic and naive, but at the same time she functions logically. Eating an animal that eats humans is something logical people can accept, and she has no qualms about it. Yet, it would be an illogical thing to think that her mother is still alive down at the Abyss. It's interesting.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2017, 11:29:13 PM »
Yet, it would be an illogical thing to think that her mother is still alive down at the Abyss. It's interesting.

Denial or hope?

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 08:11:07 AM »
Denial or hope?

Mostly the latter. She sincerely believes it has something to do with her mother being down there, and since she's always been the optimistic and forward-looking type, it makes more sense to think she's more hopeful.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 05:43:27 AM »
7:

Do you know how disturbing it is to learn about that vessel and Riko's origin? About her being essentially an undead that is perhaps biologically similar to that thing in the storeroom, and with a morbid fascination to reach (or maybe "return to"?) the Netherworld?

Also on a side note, it raises the question of whether Riko wanting to go down to see her mother is indeed due to her free will. It could be the 'illusion' of free will: she actually makes a reason to go there, but even if it wasn't for her mother, she will still want to go there (which by the way is something neuroscience is still trying to understand).

Offline Gadget

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 08:08:30 PM »
Veteran VA Ohara, Sayaka the voice of Ouzen sent shivers down my spin. Along with the hollow eyes and mouth. This is so contrasting to Riko's energetic voice. 

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2017, 05:38:05 AM »
6-7.

Ouzen was the MVP. The moments she's on the screen made it unnerving to sit through.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2017, 08:42:50 PM »
WHAT THE FFFUUU..... KKK. Riko is technically a zombie?? Is Ozen screwing with us again? And Ozen seems pretty tame compare to the other white whistle. And Riko's obsession to go into the Abyss IS partly to do with revived from the Curse Warding Box.

And I think Reg and Riko deserve to keep their blue whistle.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2017, 04:55:06 AM »
8:

I thought the survival training part was a little rushed. It didn't really show how prepared Riko and Reg are, but perhaps it's just something to prove to Ozen that if they can depend on each other, they can make it to the Netherworld.

The whole imaginary conversation scene between Ozen and Lyza was very well-done, though.

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2017, 11:29:47 AM »

Daaaayum it was fullout Jaws 4 vibes. The red skyshark remembers.... And it will hunt you down... And it will hunt your family also. They still didn't kill it so....... IT WILL HUNT THEM DOWN! MARK MY WORDS. SHARKS NEVER FORGET.

Also as an episode... good. I just really like the universe in this one. I'ts just interesting learn about the enviroment they are in. Almost reminds me in that sense about Mushishi. The nature here just belongs into the world and feels like a part of a bigger ecosystem. I dunno... i just really like the setting here. Also props for having interesting looking creatures that are not borrowed too heavily from other fantasy themed pieces. (No goblins, chimeras, griffons, tanukis, holy foxes, kobolts, orcs, medusas, dragons etc the basic things)  The hallucination part was there too but maybe slightly too melodramatic for my tastes.

Guys i'm really liking it:3

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2017, 06:46:17 AM »

JEEESUS THAT WAS...JUST.... more graphic than i anticipated. The despair was true here. Thumbs up here.
The gobblet of giants also again is something enviromentaly interesting to see just like the layers before which is why i am sad about glossing over 3rd layer just like that....

The way to get her breathing was though a bit unimaginitive and my mind is calling bullshit on that but....

It's so good. Such a shame it's only 13 ep long... feels like 24ep would be ideal.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2017, 04:51:32 AM »
10:

I'm amazed that Regu doesn't know the CPR protocol. If it wasn't for Nanachi's out-of-the-blue appearance, she would've been easily dead. And why did the bleeding stop all of a sudden?

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2017, 05:15:05 AM »
Maybe the curse went away? They did talk about it not being always present?

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 04:49:06 AM »
11:

You know what's the most horrifying thing about this all, right? It's not what the Sixth Layer can do to you; it's who exactly this Mitty thing is.

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 08:53:12 AM »

Again... just those little pieces of information about nature was just so....interesting. Loved the shroom-mammal relationship. Jeez i just love when shows nature and enviroments kinda make sense in a imaginitive and visually interesting ways. It's so rare to see it like that. Other show that i could compare that kind of feeling is Mushishi. Completely different kind of show but the nature and enviroment are brimming with fun ideas while also showing lot's of visual candy and well thought out flora and fauna.

Mitty is just.......damn...

Do they sell plushies of her on amazon?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up