Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 12, 2017, 01:39:03 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou  (Read 376 times)

Offline Zeitgeist

• DrunkenZeitgeist's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou
« on: July 03, 2017, 02:09:53 PM »
1:

OP was comfy as ****

There really isn't much to say. This seems like one of the many pleasant shows I just accidentally forget about as the season progresses, e.g., Rinne, Natsume(s), Fukigen na Mononokean

Offline Marid King

• komosha's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Re: Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 08:17:26 PM »
1:

A lot less whimsical than I expected. I definitely second on that OP, super catchy.
The only denizen of the Other Place posting on the Nihon Review.

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 01:01:28 PM »
2. Relaxing as relaxing can get... Nothing groundbreaking here but it's sincere and down to earth in it's own cute way and there ain't nothing wrong with that.

Online TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 02:37:06 AM »
1-5:

This is a really weird narrative.  Things move rather briskly in the story as each episode features some rather lengthy time skips that allow us to progress forward in Yushi-kun's daily life trying to reconcile his past, his present, and his future while trying to find a place where he belongs.  As a character driven story it works, though because of the time skips things seem to come and go and happen rather quickly.  It feels like, to me, that this is a throwback of sorts to an old style type of adaptation where a six part OAV would try to cover an entire manga series, skipping over most of it and just keeping the most relevant parts to our main character in tact (think "Koko wa Greenwood" or something along those lines). Worse, it never feels like he got used to the yokai around him until after he left.  Not unusual for a human being, I suppose, but it would have been nice to see him getting some time getting to know each person in the apartment, learning their stories with the audience, and so on and so forth.  Instead, this is all done off camera.

Anyway, it isn't a bad show, but without a lot of detail to each person we're left feeling kind of hollow.  It is ironic that he claims his relationships are growing more superficial when it seems like that's all we have with him and the yokai as well.  I don't see any major connections or depth anywhere.  Still, we'll see where it goes from here.  If this whole thing was just a prologue to get to the "good stuff" then okay, I can deal with that.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 11:27:39 AM »
15-22
I got the feeling that it's snowflakers bashing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up