Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 17, 2017, 03:05:29 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun  (Read 620 times)

Offline Zeitgeist

• DrunkenZeitgeist's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
« on: July 02, 2017, 08:48:43 PM »
1:

a.k.a. Sakamoto Plays Soccer

I had a lot of fun.
Sustainable?
Eh.
Loved the over abundance of chibi.

The fact that Sakamoto came to this school in an attempt to overcome his neurosis is admirable. I'm assuming he came to this school in the hopes that Zaizen's passion would ignite his own and allow him to, at the very least, play soccer without obsessing over germs.
If his gimmick didn't even last the first episode, why even have it?
Unless it really is going to serve as a limiter and he'll only go all-out in the last 5 minutes. At least for now
Coach is cool

Offline samui

• The Fudanshi Scholar
    • samui26's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @samuiyoru07

Re: Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 05:42:40 AM »
1:

I am just watching this because my favorite VA voices Zaizen. I am out. I cannot handle the jokes. Days had a better way in handling jokes. Ugh.
I am not sure if good animes are getting fewer these days or my taste has gone numb because most of what I watch recently look the same.

Oh, another shameless plug. Here's my blog: http://samui26.wordpress.com

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 07:31:19 PM »
2:

Still fun.

There is a cute girl in the OP and I await her appearance.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 06:33:47 AM »
Yandere seems to be the trend in comedies. Gouto make not be a knife wielding psycho, but when here eyes turn red.... she's a card carrying yandere. And she's much safer.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 05:07:29 PM »
3:

I love it.
I love all of it.
This show just is Prince of Tennis; they just organically incorporated the gag episodes.

With this and Not-Hikaru, I feel as though I am reliving my anime baptism.
What a season.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 04:49:17 PM »
4:

There was cute girl whom persisted throughout the episode. I like her(her seiyuu was shit). Every girl in anime ought have short hair. **** it, even if such a thing would disqualify like all of my favorite characters - they'd've been even better with short her.

Fun episode and the first to not be, in some way, soccer related.
As much as I am enjoying the show I hope they at least, in whatever capacity, address the psychological underpinning of germophobia and present Aoyama as a character who genuinely views his current self as unsustainable. Basically, I want w/e bullshit I said about episode one to be true. This episode did offer a few moments of commentary, even if it was somewhat inconsistent. So maybe.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 11:42:21 AM »
5:

Far too many characters share designs; megane from last episode and Megane from this episode, antagonist guy from episode one and antagonist guy from this episode.

I do like how, from the Coaches perspective, Megane's growth as a teenager outweighed winning the game. The players aren't professionals, first and foremost they are students and their development as people supersedes their development as soccer players - even if the two are often complementary.. The 2 photographer at the end provided the counterpoint.

Given that this episode was what I wanted this show to be, sport helps person overcome problem(ya know, while maintaining the comedic tone of  episode one), it would seem they may very well address Aoyama at some point.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 03:45:33 PM »
6:

Aoyama is so bad-ass that even a false representation of him expressly created to be a hated villain is celebrated as a hero.
The bits regarding authorial intent and having your work misunderstood were basic but nevertheless fun.
The scenes of the persistent ret-cons I don't understand. I liked them conceptually, in that Ozaki isn't just an artist but also a product pushed by his publisher and as such he has a certain responsibility to maintain his own market viability. However, the the ret-cons were such obvious fan-bait that I don't see how they made it passed the editor. Ozaki, as a mangaka, is locked within this unending cycle of appealing to and hoping to satisfy fans that he essentially can't have a will of his own. The episode even had a scene wherein the editor rejects a story concept. WTF happened? As much as I want to hit on the manga industry and its publishing habits this episode didn't. Ultimately, the fans rejected the chapters created out of the cynical need to manipulate viewer habits and embraced the chapters created with sincerity(even if such sincerity was motivated by disdain).

While this episode was fun for the meta elements, it didn't feel like much of a Keppeki Danshi Aoyama-kun episode. Meaning, it lacked any and all relevance to soccer and didn't explore any weakness of character. Get back to using soccer as a vehicle for exploring character maturation...if you ever did such a thing.

WTF was with that goalkeeper's mittens having "GOOK" plastered on them?

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 01:05:02 PM »
7:

Fantastic

Offline Gadget

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 11:13:01 PM »
Soooooooo. The real Aoyama is messy and longed for a high-5. He seems to be good in all form of sports.

Odagirli seems to remind me of a taller version of Akko from Little Witch Academy.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 01:19:29 PM »
11:

Coach always 3cute5me. I dont think the show ever introduced that girl I as anticipating from the OP.

tfw your friend becomes a normie.
tfw you become a genuinely toxic  influence to spite your now normie friend.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 07:19:20 AM »
That's it? I actually did enjoy this series. I'm not a sports anime fan, and this is not a sports anime. Soccer is just a plot to display the cookieness of the team members, including Aoyama. No fancy name calling final moves. Just speed and skills.

I actually would like to see more of that mangaka and the other OCD in the class. Although it's enjoyable, it only put a smile to my face. I'm not rolling with laughter. It's a nice light comedy. And I do wish for S2.

Due to it's lightness and staying on the safe zone, I would give a 7.5.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 06:39:38 PM »
12:

"For some reason I feel this week's chapter s cheering us on"
What a cute call back to whatshisface from that one episode when whatever happened. They didnd't even cut to whathisface when making the reference. Bold move.

OMG is that her? The girl I had been waiting for was with Abs the whole time? Had she been introduced in the first episode? And yes, she,much le half the cast, was a clone(Coach-chan).

Why do I get the distinct impression Zaizen's mother is not dead?
Way to spoil her appearance in the mid-epiosde cap.

Man this series was cared by its OP.

There is undercutting drama and then there is just this.
The mom was just a neglectful bitch. The ****.

5/10
Enjoyable but lesser than Nana Maru.
Pages: [1]   Go Up